South Street area Condos and Townhomes

I told your husband this morning I was disappointed you guys didn’t break the news! :rofl:

1 Like

What are the plans for this lot? Townhomes?

As I understand it, yes.

1 Like

IMG_6195
Serious work beginning this morning.

15 Likes

Looks like we need to get a web cam set up. :joy:

9 Likes

Done. We have you covered.

4 Likes

Plans call for 8 units, four stories. Four units will face Lenoir and four units will face West Street. Parking in the center.

8 Likes

Saw this on LinkedIn. Assuming it’s the same thing?

5 Likes

That image pictures the townhouses as I expected and also sorta confirms that the building with retail activation (including Cold off the Press) will stay… :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah, Nightrider, Wicked Witch and COTP aren’t going anywhere as result of this project.

2 Likes

the old Lynde site… rezoning request upcoming to go to 7 floors and 4 floors.

9 Likes

Seems like this will become a typical 5 over 1. I’m personally okay with this on this corner. Gets a little more activity than the Lynde would have or Townhomes. Hopefully it will have some good ground floor space.

6 Likes

7 might be steep for this close to Boylan, not because of Boylan Heights specifically (though that’s a formidable obstacle) but because this is on the cusp of the Boylan neighborhood. I don’t think 7 to single story homes will be viewed as “tapering to the neighborhood”.

2 Likes

I didn’t read it close enough, but I think the 7 floors is for the east half of the site and the 4 floors is for the west half?

2 Likes

Agree, 7 might be a stretch but 4 is gonna seem short once there’s towers on the eastern edge of the redeveloped / densified Heritage park…right ? Park City South will be in similar height range.
Does anyone remember what the story was with the three lots on the south side of RAL Architechture? Wasn’t that being combined into towns ?

1 Like

Unless something changed, Heritage Park is just going to be garden style apartments…HUGE missed opportunity that I think we’ve beat to death enough on here…lol

3 Likes

Geez, townhomes today are so entitled!

But seriously, what does that mean?

1 Like

I got the letter from Morningstar last night.
Eastern property (601 W South Street) would change from NX4 to RX4
Middle property (611 W South Street) would change from NX3 to RX7
Western property (620 W South Street) would change from R10 to RX3

I get the height at the far east (though no additional height was requested…), but bumping up to 7 in the middle has me confused. It also has my wife totally freaked… and she won’t be the only one.

I’m a huge advocate for density here, but reaching for 7 stories on that particular lot feels off to me. Park City South is an island. I’m very happy for that rezoning.

I will be at the neighborhood meeting on 12/6 and will report back.

5 Likes

I think that plan was / is called 4th Ward townhomes, or something really close to that. It’s planned by the developer that built Rosengarten, Dorothea Gardens and now Caraleigh Commons by Trophy Maywood.

1 Like

:joy:

Who knows…throw it in the ring with ‘boutique’ or other buzz words

1 Like