South Street area Condos and Townhomes

No, it’s the adjacent corner lot, across Lenoir and S. West St.
I’m hoping somehow the BBQ becomes resurrected, and begins construction soon, Goodnight JR. is known for taking his time

5 Likes

Ah! Ok. Thanks for the clarification. I quickly scanned the doc but didn’t have time to dive in, but seem to have time to comment here. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Goodnight JR, life is short, let’s BBQ!

7 Likes

Wow, these are going to be quite large. Anyone want to guess on the pricing? I can’t imagine anything sub $500K, and over $600K wouldn’t surprise me.
So, these are going to be located Immediately next door to the self storage place?

3 Likes

I don’t know that this would be consistent across the board, but this top floor looks recessed from the street, and it probably has a rooftop terrace. IMO, it would be really odd to have a brick facade partial floor extend from the flat roof of a building. The problem with elevations is that they describe something in a way that nobody will actually experience it.

Looks like they’re planning eight 3BR townhomes (1800-2400 sq ft) with selling prices between $700K and $800K.

Not only will they be snuggled up to the self storage, but they will also be cozy with The Night Rider, Authentic Tattoo, and Cold Off the Press.

1 Like

Where did you get the info? I’m currently on the lookout for a townhome this size.

Will this also be across the street from where the Fairweather will be going?

It’s in the document linked above, specifically the sixth page for WCPS.

1 Like

Across Lenoir street from The Fairweather site.

Gotta imagine any buyers for these units know what they’re getting into with the proximity to the businesses. Anyway, I like the design and the density is appropriate for that corner. Here is the Lenoir/West intersection four years ago. Now all three of these corners are going to have relatively-dense residential.

3 Likes

If I had to guess I’d think that The Night Rider, Authentic Tattoo and Cold off the Press might not be there much longer.

3 Likes

I hope the businesses can stay in the neighborhood, but that building can’t disappear fast enough!

2 Likes

What ever happened to that sleek low-rise modern condo building that was supposed to be in that general area? Is this the same property?

Anything new won’t have that same street presence unfortunately. As bad as it might look, I hope it stays around for awhile as a way to infuse more neighborhood mixed business uses.

2 Likes

True, a dive bar in a shiny new mixed-use building just isn’t the same!

We walked by the new South Street Minimart the other day. It has the feeling of a resurrected, LED laden version of the Murder Mart (complete with flashy cigarette displays) so far, but I’ll reserve full judgement until it opens.

1 Like

The Night Rider, Authentic Tattoo and Cold off the Press

Are those all the businesses there? Any one else? What happened to the Wicked Witch?

1 Like

Whole heartedly disagree.

So the current landowner is the City. Doesn’t this land have to be advertised for public bid?

WW is still there, it’s upstairs. There is also a new recording studio/printing/visual light show business upstairs called Synthasthetics.

I see what you mean. Looking at some old parcel photos, it seems like the westernmost part of the building was once an interesting structure—maybe housing over retail? The recent additions make it look fairly unattractive, IMO.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/business/article230935143.html Article about the townhomes was just posted.