State Government

Here is the post i was referring to: State Government - #109 by mike

1 Like

That way under McCory not Cooper.

I honestly feel like Iā€™m pissing into the wind butā€¦

The RFPs were sent out on May 21st of this year with an expected start of May 2023(not likely).

2 Likes

Too little, too late. My friend hopefully Mr. Malik gets over soccer and turns to Major League Baseball.

2 Likes

NEITHER OF THOSE THINGS ARE RELATED LMAOOOOO :rofl:

And the Project Phoenix State building renovations/demolitions were McCroryā€™s idea - this Archdale renovation is also completely separate and unrelated :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming: :man_facepalming:

1 Like

I couldnā€™t acces the renovation details anyway.

I see them the renderings of the museum and complex look nice.

Okay i get it still some of the MLS bid proposal was to have a fountain occupying g the Archdale building and razing it.

I think this belongs in hereā€¦
Did anyone notice many of the state buildings (at least around the capitol building outlined with classic white lights? I wish I had a pic but Iā€™m sure someone will be downtown tonight and could grab one? :grin:

1 Like

I would love to see that.

1 Like

They did it last year, too! Really pretty.

2 Likes

Many years ago (before the powerful LED floodlights), many state and private buildings downtown had lights around the top and/or sides. Iā€™m not sure why they disappeared, but happy they are returning. Happy New Year!

2 Likes

Iā€™ll move this over here.

Hereā€™s what I would do with the old rex site. Save just the main old part of the building and then have residential tapering down to the neighborhood. Add a main intersection at Daniels St.

20 Likes

Dude Iā€™m gonna need you to go ahead and get a job in City Planning because all your hypothetical proposals absolutely rip and are often leagues ahead of whatever BS usually gets proposed. Any time you share these ideas I just get sad because Iā€™m like ā€œYes, yes this looks amazing. Which means it will never happen and something completely opposite of this is bound to come to fruition.ā€

11 Likes

Iā€™m in love. Thatā€™s ideal, and feels achievable.

So get ready for a compete teardown and a bunch of single family McMansions.

10 Likes

Honestly, the only thing about this that seems difficult would be the Daniels St extension and taking some of SECU parking lot. But they have another entrance and another parking area so like can yall just give up this lil cornerā€¦ please?

Cars already almost crash there all the time anyway.

4 Likes

A Woodburn Street extension and stoplight could be just as good and doesnā€™t involve any property acquisition from SECU. Honestly Woodburn might be better, since it connects all the way through to Hillsborough Street and beyond.

True. Daniels just seems like more of a thru street to me and Woodburn more residential. Also Woodburn would probably be too close to St. Marys for another signalized intersection? And a new Daniels intersection would be nice to fix those dangerous turn lanes.

2 Likes

You know, I think I agree that extending Daniels is the better option. (condition: rename it so it no longer bears the name of the noted segregationist/white supremacist Josephus Daniels).

That said, if that is not possible, Woodburn could be a decent babckup plan that I think would probably be feasible. Itā€™s about 700ft from Woodburn to St Maryā€™s. In contrast, there is only about 375ft distance between the stoplights at Brooks and Canterbury further west down Wade Avenue.

At half a mile from The Village District, and across Wade Avenue to boot, itā€™s a bit much to expect these folks to hoof it down there. So I like that you have given this development a mixed use component.

4 Likes

Can we have the townhouses face the streets and start to introduce an urban transition zone to Hayes Barton?

3 Likes