Status planned mixed/use development pipeline

Anything new on the following new/old +20 stories projects?

-Old N&O Block. N&O moved. Now what/when?

-400H

barnhill calls it preconstruction for a while now

-301H

Fallon shows the old rendering from Lundy group since they bought the lot

-Edison Office

It seems like they are waiting like us on updates from apple/amazon/army/…?
Feel free to continue the list

How about City Gateway / Exploris? I haven’t heard or seen anything concrete since it was first announced.

I agree. i think everything is in a holding pattern until Amazon/Apple make a choice were to open new locations

1 Like

Does anybody have a summary overview/best guess when the tower projects break ground?

300H
N&O
Two Hillsborough
Smokey Hollow Phase II

Guesstimates:
400H
Edison
Smokey Hollow Phase III
City gateway
RUS
CAM Redevelopment
213 S Harrington
Kane’s Warehouse Dist project

hmm maybe it makes sense to have a schedule tool or a project tracker that can be updated similar to downtown Raleigh alliance but instead of a map a Gantt chart @dtraleigh?

4 Likes

Certainly a high maintenance project and dates are always changing. Good luck to anyone that wants to take a crack at it!

The first phases of 300H and Nexus (former N&O site) are both expected to begin construction this fall, as is the Courtyard by Marriott at the Enterprise lot. Smokey Hollow Phase II should be this summer.

Edison has only two months to break ground before the developers lose their parking contract with the City (unless they renew it again). RUS BUS should break ground by the end of next year.

As far as I can tell none of the others seem to have a definite timeline at this point or are still going through the bureaucratic process.

2 Likes

The adjacent parking deck for Two Hillsborough got approved I believe. I think Two Hillsborough will be starting as soon as Dram and Draught moves. They already have cleared out the other businesses that are slated for demolition.

Smokey Hollow Phase 2 is already started in my opinion, since they’ve demolished all the original buildings and are removing trees and asphalt as we speak. Last night they said they plan to start actual construction within a few weeks.

1 Like

Hotel at enterprise lot. Didn’t they mention starting that 3rd qtr of 2019?

1 Like

Here’s my crack at it:

6 Likes

Anyone know what happened to The View on Pullen Circle? The sign is no longer up, the website is down, and all their social media pages have been silent since last year.

1 Like

NIMBY’s revolted and killed it

1 Like

Who is even there to NIMBY that? People living in the middle of the traffic circle? Players Retreat?

3 Likes

They thought it would block the sun

With all of the development proposals that are surfacing, I fear that we are at a peak moment for such proposals right before the storm of the next recession hits and drowns a lot of these projects. I hope I am wrong .

Didn’t really know where to post this article…

1 Like

Nothing new. Article is over a month old.

Why do i read the comments on these articles that discuss development. :face_vomiting:

This is exactly why I want Smoky Hollow phase 2 out of the ground and in progress beyond the point of no return!

5 Likes

Yes, BUT… remember what happened to Charter Square during the last recession. It was a very sad day when they took the construction crane down with no building on the site.

1 Like

Reports coming up now we’re going into recession before any of these break ground. RIP most of these projects.