Status planned mixed/use development pipeline

Yes. That’s why I want this project out of the ground ASAP

I think that has been a foregone conclusion for awhile. At least that’s what pessimistic me has always believed. At this point, I think we’ll get 301H, 1 hotel, 2 Hillsborough and…whatever Kane wants to build because he dgaf.

Nexus won’t happen, that development off Saunders St won’t happen, 400 won’t happen, Edison won’t happen, Zimmer won’t happen. Maybe the new municipal building will get built but :man_shrugging:.

For what it’s worth, the past two years our field employees have been working overtime every single week. This week we let go of our 4 temps. We have no large projects in the foreseeable future. By end of the month my guys will probably start having saturdays off again and probably going home early some days. We’re just one construction company, but if what we’re seeing is representative of the industry as a whole, then yeah I could see recession coming. But of course, we could get a contract tomorrow that changes that outlook completely, and this is just an end of summer slowdown.

5 Likes

My opinion of major projects in next 2 years…
Sure things:

• Smoky Hollow Phase 2
  • Bloc 83
  • Fairweather
  • 301H

Very Likely:

• Raleigh Municipal Tower
  • Union Station Bus Block tower(s)
  • Seaboard Station Phase 1

Likely:

• Nash Sq Hotel

I think all others are either toss ups or longer timeframes.

5 Likes

I think the Willard Hotel on Glenwood S. is a Very Likely or Likely candidate.

2 Likes

True, forgot about that one. (and probably others?)

See I feel like it’s very likely that what you listed will happen but I also don’t think it’s unreasonable to think that one of either Edison, Nexus or 400H will happen. I don’t know which one but I feel there are certaintly enough companies shopping around for leases to make one happen.

1 Like

There’s also three 40 story towers and the MLS+MLB stadiums. Don’t forget all that.

1 Like

He didn’t have an “unlikely” list. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Wow! Impressive. You’ve built a few spreadsheets before I presume?

2 Likes

Awesome Raleigh project tracker! I’ve added it to my list of URLs to monitor. :desktop_computer:

2 Likes

You’re being recruited to work on the @dtrcac project. You don’t have a choice. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I’m happy to help, but probably can only work remotely due to my school schedule. Just let me know what you need!

A few, but not this complex. Google Sheets is very easy to work with, though.

1 Like

I was expecting something along the lines of Wake County’s school construction schedule but this is so much better. Thanks for putting this together!

One suggestion - freeze row 5 so that the dates are visible as you scroll down.

1 Like

I think that 301 has an hotel as part of is mix-use

1 Like

I found a plugin that claims it can embed a google sheet right here into Discourse.

If it works for @Christopher 's list then this might make sharing lists and spreadsheet much easier.

7 Likes

That’s a good idea, thanks!

Good catch. I’ve updated it.

2 Likes

@Christopher Can you go to this doc and hit Publish? After that, I think it should display here in the forum.

Sure thing.

I just did, and it’s not showing up for me as a spreadsheet in the post. Oddly enough, it works while editing in the post preview.

1 Like

Looking ahead to projects that might be underway in 2020… should be a lot going on! Also, development seems to be focused on the West and North sides of downtown.

13 Likes

Here’s a list of construction projects I expect (hope) to finish, continue and start in 2020.

Finish
Smoky Hollow Phase 1
Bloc 83 parking deck
Fairweather
Smoky Hollow Phase 2

Continue
Two Hillsborough
301 Hillsborough
Cameron Crest Townhomes
The Willard?

Start
Nexus