Status planned mixed/use development pipeline

Nice map of possible 2020 projects. However I thought Municipal campus was still in early design phase and not likely to start for some time

1 Like

Fairweather will definitely be done, barring any significant issues. Supposed to be handed over August to owners.

Smoky Hollow Phase 2 should be complete with some tenants moving in by end of 2020 (I believe).
Smoky Hollow Phase 3 likely wonā€™t start until 2021 at the earliest. I donā€™t see that breaking ground even early 2021.

Start
The Lynde (South Street Condos)

3 Likes

Putting this observation here for now, but behind the David Reynolds building on Jones St (damaged by fire and immediately next to the Metropolitan), two bore rigs were doing some stuff. Testing bedrock depth? Not sure, but it seems they are still exploring some sort of something there.

7 Likes

Saw this just now. Between Duke Energy and Red Hat towers. Anybody know anything about this? Most likely for roof work on one of those buildings??

Probably roof work over the weekend.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: City Gateway and NCAE ā€œblockā€

Is anyone on this website actively maintaining the list of tallest Raleigh buildings on Wikipedia? List of tallest buildings in Raleigh, North Carolina - Wikipedia

The list is surprisingly up-to-date. What would be really impressive is if there were renderings for each of the proposed buildings attached as well.

6 Likes

I have cleaned it up and updated it fairly recently, though that section was not mine.

4 Likes

I didnā€™t realize the Cardinal was under construction as wellā€¦ is this true?

I just fixed the spelling of Smoky Hollowā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

It has been listed as under construction on that page for years now.

Canā€™t upload the images without uploading to Wiki Commons as well. Also must have copyright over the photo.

The Dillon has a picture now.
:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Is it just a picture of you, tho, OakCityDillon? :face_with_monocle:

Curiosity forced me to do a drive by. There is ā€œtree protectionā€ area set up along the sidewalk, a little caution tape, and a rolloff in the parking pad. Under Constructionā€¦ Iā€™m not sure. But Iā€™d love to see the Cardinal rise. :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s my google map that should be mostly up to date.

5 Likes

I donā€™t know if others are experiencing this, but the page keeps skipping back up by a couple dozen posts when I scroll to see the new content. I thought it might be my laptop, so I switched to my work laptop and it did it again.

5 Likes

Same here. (extra characters)

@dtraleigh can you look into this problem for us? this thread is acting like a jumping bean!

Soon Iā€™ll be able to fly a camera to a level equal to the height of the Holiday Inn and scan over to the Pendo building. That should solve it.

2 Likes