Status planned mixed/use development pipeline

Anyone else have an issue with this particular thread auto refreshing up to this post?

As soon as I try to scroll down, it takes me right back up to this post.

2 Likes

I even just tried a different browser and not logged in and itā€™s doing the same thing.
:sob:

Because ā€¦Halloween ā€¦Full moon ā€¦Ghost in the machine?

Looking. I will probably move this more ā€œgeneralā€ projects talk to another thread.

1 Like

Well an update didnā€™t work. And now I lost my plugins. :roll_eyes: Iā€™ve got a weekend project now.

1 Like

yeah itā€™s definitely a problem trying to view this topic

It went haywire once those Google sheets dropped into the feed earlier this morningā€¦
Sorry for the hassle and thanks for the troubleshooting effortā€¦!?!

1 Like

That had to be it. I deleted it and it seems ok for me now. Guess google sheet embeds donā€™t work as well as I thought they might.

2 Likes

I guess that would be my faultā€”Iā€™m terribly sorry for that! It didnā€™t seem to cause such chaos when I originally posted it last year so thatā€™s a bit strange. The map by @Will is probably a more helpful visualization anyway.

Iā€™m not sure what criteria you are using about when to add stuff to the map, but I noticed that this proposed development (or redevelopment, replacing 4 SFHs with 10 townhomes) at the corner of Cabarrus and Bloodworth isnā€™t on there yet. And I guess Saxapahaw General Store as well?

Either way, this is a great resource! Really appreciate you creating, maintaining and sharing it with us

1 Like

Nothing to be sorry about. It should be fine. Iā€™ll keep tinkering and see if I can figure it out.

3 Likes

Quoting to update a post on 2020. Hoping we can continue to have a couple developments start in 2021. Any idea on which have the best chance?

6 Likes

Nexus might want more space? I hope

1 Like

Missing Salisbury Square which was noted as starting construction very soon, which could mean now or 10 months from now.

2 Likes

based solely on my licking my finger and putting it in the air, I think Nexus is low on probability for full build-out

3 Likes

Nexus, or whatever ends up on that block, is my biggest Christmas wish.

6 Likes

On the smaller side, but the project Iā€™m most curious about in 2021 is the Clearscapes 8-10 floor ā€˜towerā€™ in the parking lot behind their warehouse studio building (313 W Martin). Anyone know any updates? Iā€™d love to see more mid-rise, smaller footprint buildings as infill throughout downtown.

8 Likes

I am with you, and perhaps my biggest interest is in projects slated for currently demolished/destitute sites like the Nash Hotel, the hotel on the opposite corner of that same block, and the Firestoneā€¦ Well I guess Iā€™m just really hoping something gets moving in 2021 on one of the 3 fallow corners of the block south of Nash square.

5 Likes

I second the Nash Hotel starting construction in 2021. That is the single most important project in DTR that has yet to break ground IMO.

I would also love to hear a status update on the CAM block buildings tooā€¦

5 Likes

If I were to put my money on it, CAMā€™s build out will beat Nash by a longshot. Donā€™t really have any evidence to back that; itā€™s just a gut feeling.

Hope Iā€™m wrong.

1 Like