Status planned mixed/use development pipeline

What about the Municipal Building? Any word on that?

I guess this is as good a place as any without creating a new thread just to speculate on the crane counts. By EOY 2022 we should have:

Seaboard Station (existing as of this post, maybe down by EOY 2022)
Iron Works/East End Market (more than 1 crane up by EOY 2022?)
501 Hillsborough
Cabarrus Kane (large enough to need more than 1, maybe even 3 for this size of a development?)
400H
400H Parking deck (I assume this will need a short crane)
Municipal Building on Hargett
RUSBUS
Apts at 320 W South St/Dawson
Hilton Garden Inn on Davie/McDowell
Madison on Glenwood (soon to be former Cornerstone)

Thatā€™s 11-12 cranes. Perhaps we only get half that. Iā€™d settle for 5.5 cranes in the sky some time in 2022. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

Is Cabarrus still happening? Havenā€™t seen/heard any more updates about this project.

1 Like

You canā€™t even drive down Cabarrus now due to utility work preceding the site work. They are supposed to break ground on the property by Nov I believe.

4 Likes

Peace Street Condos. Or is that a craneless build? Maybe the Lynde?

Those are both short and stick built, no? Iā€™m no expert but I donā€™t think a perm crane is needed on those.

I think youā€™re right. Was wondering if Peace would get one, but that makes sense.

Donā€™t forget the 5 or so at North Hills / Midtown Exchange, if itā€™s not too far to count!

Had no idea that was related to that development. I thought the city was doing some improvements. Thatā€™s awesome news!

looking like a west downtown lean to 2022 developments. red = likely, blue = others

14 Likes

Any chance we get any movement on ā€œThe Edgeā€?

No. (20 characters hahah)

1 Like

Thought of another one. The Madison on Glenwood likely breaks ground next year too.

2 Likes

I am happy to see this because it means that downtown is shifting and filling in towards Union Station - as it needs to, if we are going to ever actually have successful commuter rail.

8 Likes

When is the Creamery project supposed to get started?

I know someone doing the landscape design for that project. They made it sound like late 2023- early 2024.

4 Likes

Iā€™m updating the list accordingly.
Madison on Glenwood added.

2 Likes

Honestly, this list is huge and A LOT better than I expected given the past year-and-change of difficulties. Raleigh is truly on an unstoppable growth spurt this time, 2008 be damned!

7 Likes

It really is. When you think about all the jobs and investments coming to this area I have a hard time seeing how it doesnā€™t accelerate. Biotech, AI, software, healthcare etc are going to be huge chunks of the economy over the next 25 years and the Triangle is creating extremely strong ecosystems in all of those. I donā€™t know where the Triangle metro ranks overall, but I will be surprised if it is not the fastest growing metro in the south - if not overall - in that time frame.

3 Likes

And donā€™t know where to put these, but two more sites submitting for rezoning from 20 floors to 40 floors.

11 Likes