Status planned mixed/use development pipeline

Interesting - I’ve wondered how long that building on Harrington x Edenton would last, but it appears to be pretty old, wondering how old? Also curious that it’s only the land that building is on that’s requesting rezoning, but not the huge HUGE parking lot next to it?

Looks like the church directly above is the owner of the parking lot

1 Like

Built 1986.

Different owner.

Pages 4 and 5 seem to have a good list:

dtr_market_report_q2_2021.pdf (2.1 MB)

2 Likes

Cue the condo owners complaining that their view is going away and there will be more traffic/shadows.

This is pretty stunning for having a small downtown.

12 Likes

Can confirm. I’ve been living in a construction zone for two of the projected 30ish months that this project will take. Kane is only moving forward on the residential part of this project at this time, as far as I know.

They were originally planning to start working on the actual building in October, but the utility work is currently on hold because locating utilities around here has been woefully imprecise.

2 Likes

Ha! Appears old but certainly isn’t. Knock it down and build UP!

Gotta imagine once this plot @mike is referencing gets its 40story rezone approved and sells for a ridiculously high amount, the church will take note and sell their lot. The only thing I’d be bummed about is allllllll those huge trees throughout the parking lot that would have to be removed. But that just is what it is, too valuable a plot to leave sitting empty because of a handful of trees.

4 Likes

This also got mentioned over here:

2 Likes

Construction of this 18 story project is expected to start in Q3 of 2022 per BizJournal article.

So that makes what at least 8 active construction projects in 2022 for DTR?

Started:

• 13-story hotel Hilton Dual Brand
  • 20-story 400H Mixed Use Tower
  • 7-story Seaboard Station
  • 4-story Peace Street Condos
  • 7-story apartments by Kane on the westside of the train station on Cabarrus.

Expected:

• 30-story RUSBUS (33ish considering the height of the bus station?)
  • 33-story + 20 story Creamery Project
  • 18-story Bloc 83 Phase III

Maybe 9? I believe the 12 story project on Glenwood South was also expected to start soon but IDK.

I’m not aware of any other project that has confirmed their expected groundbreaking and there’s a huge labor shortage at the moment affecting construction around the US.

24 Likes

20 story apt building near the storage center and the Fairweather supposed to start in April of next year also.

17 Likes

I think the new Civic building or whatever you call it is supposed to break ground in 2022 too?

10 Likes

maybe with best case scenario…

4 Likes

I thought Salisbury square and park south or something like that should be starting too? I could be wrong though. And then add in MTX, the east end stuff, and NH expansion and we’re booming.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: 307/309/311/313 West Martin Street Rezoning

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: 865 W Morgan Street (Goodnight’s Comedy)

Yall ever think about this?

(keeping it to Downtown-ish + Village + Downtown South)

33 Likes

Hi Mike,

That is awesome! Thank you for putting it together! :+1: :drooling_face:
How about two more columns in the table? :thinking: :wink: :scream:
First, “Completed”
Second, Never built/Demolished/Destroyed (Fire)

2 Likes

Super exciting to have all these pending projects!

Also I think you’re missing The Madison at the Cornerstone property, can that one to the design/planned section.

1 Like