Study showing traffic flow from ITB to OTB?

Eyyy Wade Park is where my office is, but I was just coming from North Raleigh pre-COVID, so I can’t really speak for the Wendell commute. That being said, I did used to take I-440 every day for a previous job… if I were to guess you’re gonna be looking at about 40-50min during rush hour.

1 Like

My commute in ATL was 8 interstate miles but would take 45-hour so I doubt it could get that bad here, right? Lol

1 Like

Nice! Right now it’s only about 25 minutes without traffic so with the interchange improvement and things maybe not getting back to 100% pre covid anytime soon it shouldn’t be too bad. Even so, coming from Atlanta, 45-50 minutes for 22 mile trip isn’t “bad”

2 Likes

From my house to RTP is 20 min with no traffic. About 30 when I typically leave ‘early’ to beat rush hour. During peak rush hour it can be anywhere from 45-60 min. And if there’s a wreck on I-40 forget about it. So yeah, nothing you shouldn’t be used to from Atl.

Can’t wait for commuter rail. Would love to ride that out to RTP. I’ll probably be retired by the time it’s actually operational.

I’m going to be managing the new apartments in Wendell Falls. I drove there last week from Garner and got there in about 20 mins. I live 5 miles south of Downtown. It was opposite traffic but still, overall an easy drive.

1 Like

Nice! I think they’re going to be a nice addition to the neighborhood

1 Like

I’d love to be able to not have to drive to work. Hopefully all this commuter rail actually comes to fruition.

1 Like

I joke that there are constantly more Raleigh old timers talking about how bad traffic is getting and also constantly more people from DC moving to Wake Forest (where traffic is bad (for the area) to everywhere) who talk about how not bad the traffic is here comparatively.

2 Likes

@atl_transplant, if you haven’t been to Bearded Bee in Wendell, do it! Tell Derek Dylan says hey!

5 Likes

Bearded Bee is great! Definitely recommend a visit.

2 Likes

Wade Park is where my house is (Inside Wade is technically the name of the house portion of the neighborhood). Anyone want to trade? Walk to work every day like you live downtown!

5 Likes

I’ve heard good things and know a few people who live in that area. I guess I should check it out… (future DTR message board meetup, ironically outside of Raleigh?)

3 Likes

Would have loved to buy there! lol but hard to find a 3/2.5 new house for 300k anywhere near ITB lol so Wendell it was

1 Like

I’ll be in Wade V at the end of June :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s exactly what I got. 8 years ago lol :upside_down_face:

1 Like

And now it’s doubled lol right

Happily not yet or I’d need a second mortgage for my property taxes. But the appreciation has been crazy. Though not super helpful because I can’t move anywhere around here that also hasn’t gone up a bunch.

1 Like

Ok new meetup idea, everyone at my house except we can’t be socially distanced because my yard is like 2 sq ft

7 Likes

We can do one at mine if everyone is comfortable with spooning.

9 Likes

Is this group offer pre or post vaccination? LOL

1 Like