Study showing traffic flow from ITB to OTB?

These might get close. I am Interested in how the townhomes price out. 101 New Homes off Poole Rd - #21 by broughtonwc

You can def still get stuff in town for under $300,000. Won’t be brand new, but good chance for more upside than Wendell. Here is a good example. 409 N King Charles Rd, Raleigh, NC 27610 | Zillow

Can walk to the greenway, 15 minutes bike ride to downtown, and about the same bus ride to downtown. This particular home is actually a steal and I can’t see it being up long at that price.

2 Likes

That’s what I call a project.
:grin:

2 Likes

Now this is what I’m talking about! Anyone want to go half? Lol 625 Effie Way, Raleigh, NC 27603 | Zillow

3 Likes

Someone here in the community lives there.

Great looking place. But I must say, the jokes off the name of the street write themselves. My buddies would never let up on those, lol.

No Effie Way!

:grin:

1 Like

I sent this to my wife this morning. Her response “Holy shit, can we buy it now”

3 Likes

Tell her it’s too late…I just bought it! :money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Funny story, I was having a porch beer with my neighbor Friday night and showed him this house. It is close to us so we were chatting about how we don’t see much stuff in that price range unless it was last updated in the 50s (and all of those get snapped up off market). Today, he calls and tells me he had his agent put an offer in at $271,000 and he lost. Somebody out bid him.

1 Like

I live near this house and my house was built by the same builder. After the issues we’ve had, I’d be very wary of a house built by him with a flat roof (aka rooftop terrace).

2 Likes

This is completely irrelevant, but you mind find interesting as a recent relocated resident. I grew up on Taylor rd. In [this house](6325 State Rd 2502 https://maps.app.goo.gl/9hsjMTMSAYvtdpyN6) back when Taylor rd was a dead end gravel rd and wendell falls parkway did not exist, as neither did 264 (795?). We used to jump dirt bikes on land that is now your neighborhood, and there was cock fighting, gun shooting, pond swimming good times being had!

3 Likes

Must’ve been a much much different place 10, even 5 years ago. I’m actually within a maybe 500 feet of there!

1 Like

This Tweet by David Meeker seems applicable to this thread and hits on a topic we’ve discussed before. Subsequent replies from your truly and the always amazing @orulz!

7 Likes

Let me know if you still feel the urge to catch some air, just picked up another bike for others to ride (ignore my incomplete flooring I’m experimenting with tiles)

Our favorite track growing up was only a couple miles from your house on Buffaloe Rd. in a little town called Archer Lodge, it’s unfortunately gone.

5 Likes

Ahhh, when the county was actually country and us city guys could make fun of you hicks. :grin:

I’ll just add for those of you new here that when the city & county schools merged, in '73 I believe, the city start date got pushed back to after Labor Day. I’d always heard it was so the country kids could help bring in (prime is the term) the tobacco crop. @John were you in the county system back then? Any who, just an example of tremendously the whole county has changed in the last few years. (please, no one point out exactly how long ago that was!) Sorry for the highjack!

6 Likes

Having major thoroughfares through downtown is never good. A nice road diet for Dawson / McDowell is needed BUT again it’s a major thoroughfare. 30 mph with those volumes and truck % it’d be a slog through downtown which also isn’t good. I know we all hate highways but this is a downfall of not having one through the city. Anyone needing to do stuff ITB is pretty much funneled down this route without any real detour.

1 Like

If they’re destined for downtown, that’s fine. The issue is if you’re in North Hills and need to go to South of 40, Waze will route you through downtown, not around because it’s the fastest route. If we can get transient traffic to take the beltway and local traffic only through the main arteries like Capital/Dawson/McDowell, it would be a huge improvement.

4 Likes

Is that a positive if they’re visiting from out of town and don’t see our downtown? I might be splitting hairs at that point lol I’d love to be able to have access to streetlight to see how some numbers look.

1 Like

I’d love to have more insight to the actual trips, but I suspect most of the trips are not out of towners and more daily work traffic.

1 Like

Interesting. Just tested Google Maps from North Hills to Renaissance Park and it doesn’t even have following 440 as a suggestion.

If my math is right, using 440 to go around would be a 13 mile trip. Being mostly interstate, I can’t imagine it being more than 21-22 minutes. We need these mapping services to get on board with their algorithms better.
Edit: Stopped being lazy and got on the computer to play with the route. It adds NO time to use 440, just the extra mileage.

1 Like