Surveys on surveys on surveys

New text change out for parking minimums. This one hits hard for me. Let’s do this.

11 Likes

There’s also a new survey on the upcoming update to the Wake Bus Plan.

8 Likes

After the exposure to Lenoir street during yesterday’s Stroll in the Streets event, the city is now looking for public feedback around Lenoir St improvements.

4 Likes

In the comments section and the results, it’s overwhelming people want protected bike lanes.

7 Likes

That was my vote and I commented the security had to be first otherwise we’re wasting our time (paraphrasing).

I know this is supposed to be for city/public surveys made by other people, but I have a question for everyone and couldn’t find a more appropriate thread.

I was looking at some local news outlets and started wondering about their 3-letter abbreviations, and started overthinking what ours is here in the Triangle. The greater Wake/Durham/Orange county area is the Research Triangle, but…

What 3-letter combo would you use to describe the Research Triangle metro region?
  • RDU
  • RTP
  • RAL
  • Something Else

0 voters

1 Like

Uhh… for the (as of Oct. 21 at 10:30am) 3 people who said “something else”, what letters are you using?

RDC
Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill ?
I don’t really like RDU though it’s easy and familiar.
RTP isn’t really Raleigh or Durham or Chapel Hill
RAL is not encompassing but what I’d selfishly choose, though I’m trying to not be selfish.

11 Likes

At some point does Cary go “hey we need a seat at the table” as far as common naming conventions. They’ve got to be getting close to 150,000.

RDCC haha

4 Likes

“The Triangle” seems to work

9 Likes

I chose that option because there just isn’t any 3-letter abbreviation that I use for the Triangle area as a whole. I just say “the Triangle”.

9 Likes

The Greater Raleigh Area. GRA. “Brah, welcome to the GRA.” /s

2 Likes

I normally do that, too, honestly, but there are times when you almost have to abbreviate it that way. Think catchier hashtags, local branding, Axios Local outlets and other types of new media etc.

EDIT: I asked the same question to Reddit’s Triangle subreddit, and the results are looking different? As of writing, 91 people chose “RTP” versus 69 for “RDU”. I guess I wasn’t the only one who’s confused.

1 Like

I vote we start calling it The GTA.

15 Likes

let’s just go with 919 and skip letters altogether.

7 Likes

And we could add 919 to “every-thing”! :wink:

1 Like

But…but…but…my area code is 984… :laughing:

1 Like

Then I guess that you don’t matter. :rofl:

My point was 919 no longer encompasses the region, just like the three letter acronyms… :relaxed:

I voted RDU because I think it is the best combo of describing the area and being in pretty wide use already. The Triangle or Research Triangle are okay but not three letters. For me, RTP is too limiting bc that refers to the Park proper, not the actual cities. I would like RAL to be the answer, but right now I don’t think that is sufficient for the entire area which really is multi-nodal.

My tongue in cheek answer is RAD, or RaD. For RAleigh Durham or Raleigh And Durham.

3 Likes