Surveys on surveys on surveys

The Dix Edge Phase Soon survey is now available:

It will be open until June 20th. Housing and connectivity are primary subjects addressed.

3 Likes

Kind of a survey, but I’m linking you to a particular group’s plea for help voting bevause I thought it was interesting…

:nauseated_face:

Wow that whole section is a crock. Almost every question has some pretty crap choices. For best wake co. politician The only Ral CC member is David Cox and one of the other nominees is “literally no one”
They have another question for best reason to leave the triangle and all the ‘nominees’ basically circle back to “development”

6 Likes

Hold up. What was the nomination process for this, anyways??

'cuz I think we’re forgetting a certain very good blog/coommunity here.

11 Likes

Blogs are truly dying with these choices in 2021. The 2000s were the good ole days! :beers:

6 Likes

Why in your opinion do you think that they are dying out? :thinking:
Something that you (we as a group) should be doing?
Please know that I ask not to infer anything. It’s just that I am not on any other platform (Facebook, Instagram, Etc.) and truly appreciate all that you and our little community of DTR fans share. :hugs:

1 Like

I don’t think it’s anything Leo’s doing in particular. That’s just a trend of the internet as a whole; I think the fact we have such an active civic platform in a world of Reddit, TikTok, and Twitter at all is kind of unusual in and of itself. Social media giants have such a monopoly over internet presence and internet culture, blogs and blog-centric internet social groups aren’t as common as they were 10 or 15 years ago.

1 Like

Would be a great topic to kind of retrospect on but in short, I thought social media felt like the natural next step for citizen content creators to move towards. Twitter, for example, made it easier to post so therefore, you can get everything under the sun on the socials.

However, I always thought the socials were, and still are, at best a compliment to being a content creator. So those that stopped blogging and just did Twitter are now giving it away rather than creating content that they own and put more thought and energy into.

Blogs and websites are where people create while social media is where it is curated. That’s a small difference but creates hugely different outcomes from my perspective.

9 Likes

Wanted to make sure this found its way over here as well. This survey will easily take you less than five minutes and could help shape development and transportation policies in the Triangle for decades to come. Please consider filling this out.

8 Likes

Just stumbled upon a new survey regarding New Bern Station Area Planning. Looks like only a couple people have filled it out so far. Good opportunity to push for density on this corridor.

Make sure you check out that link at the bottom that takes you to another “deeper dive” survey. That one presses more into the specifics of housing types, active transportation modes, etc.

6 Likes

As @colbyjd3 mentioned in the “future of transit” thread, Wake County-based transit planners are starting to think about how to extend rapid bus service beyond the BRT lines to Garner and Cary we’re designing now. If you have thoughts on how they should be routed, what social or economic priorities they should have etc., this is your best chance to tell them!

Here are the links:

7 Likes

New text change out for parking minimums. This one hits hard for me. Let’s do this.

11 Likes

There’s also a new survey on the upcoming update to the Wake Bus Plan.

8 Likes

After the exposure to Lenoir street during yesterday’s Stroll in the Streets event, the city is now looking for public feedback around Lenoir St improvements.

4 Likes

In the comments section and the results, it’s overwhelming people want protected bike lanes.

7 Likes

That was my vote and I commented the security had to be first otherwise we’re wasting our time (paraphrasing).

I know this is supposed to be for city/public surveys made by other people, but I have a question for everyone and couldn’t find a more appropriate thread.

I was looking at some local news outlets and started wondering about their 3-letter abbreviations, and started overthinking what ours is here in the Triangle. The greater Wake/Durham/Orange county area is the Research Triangle, but…

What 3-letter combo would you use to describe the Research Triangle metro region?
  • RDU
  • RTP
  • RAL
  • Something Else

0 voters

1 Like

Uhh… for the (as of Oct. 21 at 10:30am) 3 people who said “something else”, what letters are you using?

RDC
Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill ?
I don’t really like RDU though it’s easy and familiar.
RTP isn’t really Raleigh or Durham or Chapel Hill
RAL is not encompassing but what I’d selfishly choose, though I’m trying to not be selfish.

11 Likes

At some point does Cary go “hey we need a seat at the table” as far as common naming conventions. They’ve got to be getting close to 150,000.

RDCC haha

4 Likes