Surveys on surveys on surveys

NCDOT is asking for feedback on their final recommendations for the NC Moves 2050 Plan, but the deadline is Monday, Nov. 9.

3 Likes

Warning: this is an awfully written and designed survey. I honestly wanted to claw my eyes out after like 1/3 of the way through because it’s so boring, text-heavy, repetitive, and subjective. I’m sure college frats’ hazing rituals aren’t as painful as this feedback page.

For those of y'all who want a summary of questions without a headache...

The survey is a series of 3 questions given a long list of policy directions:

• Are these policies important?
  • How achievable are they?
  • Do you agree with what we wrote (and who needs to become involved)?
    Each of these 3 questions ask you to score each policy in a long list out of a scale from 1 to 5. The options are the same for all 3 questions, and you’re supposed to score each of them.

The above questions are repeated three times; one for some checkboxes to be filled within the next 10 years, another for < 20yrs, and another for < 30yrs. The action items for the 10-year horizon are mostly about process optimization and better project management (including reaching out to under-represented stakeholders), whereas the 20-year horizon lists ways to plan transit/freight plans in data-driven ways, and the 30-year horizon talks about actually building an intelligent statewide network of moving people and goods throughout our state.

4 Likes

Another reason to do away with unnecessary surveys!!!

There’s a poll on RAL Today about which 2021 project you’re most excited about. If you aren’t already subscribed there’s usually good content here.

Of course the list isn’t as extensive as any of us would build. :rofl:

Actual Poll

4 Likes

Just received an email from the City of Raleigh that there’s a new survey regarding the Greenway Master Plan update. This email and a link to the survey can be viewed here.

3 Likes

Adding the Dix Edge Study survey here as well.

2 Likes

@atl_transplant, you get a pass this time, but surveys go in this “surveys on surveys on surveys” thread. LOL

https://community.dtraleigh.com/t/general-news-thread/1780/1041?u=oakcitydylan

1 Like

City of Raleigh has a survey up for input on budget. https://raleighnc.gov/news/2021-03-01-tell-us-your-top-priorities-we-are-planning-next-years-city-budget

4 Likes

Posting here as well for good measure. Try to do this if you can. Only seeing three public comments so far, including mine.

3 Likes

Comment just opened on two huge text changes:

Missing Middle (TC-5-20)
This text change proposes amendments that are intended to increase housing options throughout the City.

Transit Overlay Districts (TC-17-20)

10 Likes

Crossposting from the Bike Lanes thread—the City is taking input on the proposed State St. cycletrack:

3 Likes

I expect this will be a polarizing survey to read results from. The city is asking for feedback on their search for the next Police Chief.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/RPD-PoliceChief-Survey

2 Likes

Well, I took it. It’s… yes, it’s definitely going to be controversial. I don’t really envy the city manager hiring for this position, or the person who eventually takes it, but this isn’t Minneapolis, either. Many places have it worse trying to fill this position and have a worse recent history to deal with.

1 Like

This is a multi-faceted feedback opportunity presented by the Downtown Raleigh Alliance.

Downtown Raleigh Public Realm Study (Click this for more info. I’ve summarized the ask/options below)

They’re asking for feedback on two areas:

1. Future of outdoor dining expansions & curbside zones
  2. Activating downtown through new small-scale events and public spaces

Opportunities to provide feedback come in 3 different flavors:

1. Innovate Raleigh Community Listening Sessions
    Register online here for one of the session times below:
    May 12, 12:00pm-1:30pm
    May 13, 12:00pm-1:30pm
    May 14, 9:30am-11:00am

2. Downtown Rundown virtual community meeting, May 25 at 4:00pm
    Register online here.

3. Annual Survey.
    Take the survey online here.

7 Likes

The City also has updates on several BRT corridors, and wants to hear what you think about 'em.

Each project also seems to include feedback about branding and station design, both of which are things we’ve also been talking about in the BRT thread.

Live Q&A sessions will be held for each of the 3 corridors in project development. They’ll happen on May 10 (Western Blvd.), May 11 (New Bern Av.), and May 20 (Wilmington St.).

5 Likes

Downtown Raleigh Alliance has a survey out along with a community meeting.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/N3JPDYR

https://app.donorview.com/Event/EventInfo?prm=gsVjXTAbNioQ_BeprHlkZHpkjT4ZxwIt9OloGNLfwzdQQkn6in4NRxoLbHsWaMGSDDEXJ1_-QdSJaG-EenZupErdueNYppQGr-RoxcUHv1nF-89ZJLsCmjDEQRAaIXTmgL_VmyizcTz_Iih8ooQGn8bWeSIIr9uGtbFLiBLvlIpMdARnSzvSPzokDrj5cmishBfIW2c6y7JfpZVw7PTQHOdao_ELWoaDaUwn6pt_r8cgDAiqMNwmX8gsUAEV6uIM0

4 Likes

I did one of these community listening sessions and it’s basically a Zoom call with maybe 6-8 other people plus about 3 DRA representatives. What I’m saying is, if you want a voice, this is a great opportunity!

4 Likes

Is it frowned upon to join if you’re not technically a resident of downtown? Or do they welcome input from anyone who knows what’s going on?

They want input from all sources interested in downtown. Especially if you have an outsider’s perspective and have fresh ideas.

Tell Bill King I sent ya. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I don’t even live in Wake County, but I’m thinking of joining anyways :joy:

2 Likes