The Acorn Apartments / Marriott TownePlace Suites / 415 S. Blount Street

Man, I have a feeling Lincoln Theatre is gonna go the way of The Brewery in the near future. It may be for the better, but I’m gonna miss that place.

2 Likes

Why on earth would that be “for the better”??? It’s an historic theater, and one of the best stage/floor setups and sound systems in the area. Their booking is TERRIBLE, but I gotta imagine one day when the apparenatly-70-year old that books most of the shows retires, they could really become Raleigh’s premier indoor music venue.

IMO: Lincoln Theatre needs to be protected at all costs. We have dwindling historic structures and institutions left in this city, and the more we lose, the less character our city has.

12 Likes

Not sure, honestly. I’d be pretty torn if it was redeveloped. You could transform that lot into housing for hundreds, but it is super iconic. At the same time, it’s totally fallen to the wayside in recent years. They used to get national tours all the time; today, I recognize only one band on their current schedule.

But yeah, I’d like to see it preserved, but, if it’s going to be preserved, they’d better actually make something of it.

Clearly, I’m pretty conflicted on the subject. That “may be” in my previous post was doing a lot of heavy lifting.

8 Likes

20 Likes

We have eyes everywhere!!! :eyes:

Welcome back @spaghetti_cyclist !!!

3 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Indoor Music Venues and Clubs

Parking lot ramp to the second floor on the Person Street side. Portajohns on the second floor. Moving up.

16 Likes

Thanks for the street reporting, @SunnyBrook! It’s coming right along!

1 Like

Notice they split the parcel so the apartments side has an address of 414 S. Person.

8 Likes

Thanks for that detective work @SunnyBrook and welcome to the best internet community focused on DTR on earth!!

4 Likes

27 Likes

Appears they are stabilizing the ceiling of the first floor and will begin the second shortly.

30 Likes

Looks like a stairwell? First vertical building on the second floor. (From the south)

18 Likes

Why bother saving anything when it could be redeveloped into more “luxury” housing for thousands.

1 Like

Progress on the 2nd floor

26 Likes

Looking a little different a week later. Probably will be topped out in a month or two

22 Likes

oh shoot. That reminds me I snapped this this morning and forgot to post.

31 Likes

I bet if a project were to break ground today (perhaps S St Apartments?) they’d catch up to the Hilton Garden Inn construction in 3 months. Seeing this project this far along compared to HGI is amazing. Smaller footprint for sure but still…

6 Likes

Yeah, seriously… the hell are they doing over there? Mixing the concrete on-site??

5 Likes

With :spoon:'s.

morecharacters

3 Likes