The Dillon Retail

(Feel free to delete or move this if I’m doing this wrong. It’s my first new thread.)

Does anyone have a floor map of the Dillon retail? I know where Weaver St Market, Urban Outfitters, and that haircut place are going. But it’d be nice to see what is going where.

1 Like

Barcelona Wine Shop will be located on the same front side with Urban Outfitters. They will also have the corner and open space area near the elevators and pointing towards Union Station/ Father and Son.

Beyond that I only know of those retailers you listed so far as signed tenants.
https://thedillonraleigh.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Dillon-Brochure.pdf

-Page 4 shows the floor plan, but without naming any tenants.

1 Like

2 Likes

I heard that The Dillon did not get approved for its string lights across Hargett. I thought that was a shame, such a simple thing would add some visual interest to that block.

5 Likes

Thank you for the map. And that’s sad about the string lights. I sometimes don’t understand what people are thinking. Oh that would look nice but violate some arcane rule? No, let’s not make an exception, let’s just keep Raleigh boring…

1 Like

I could be wrong, but I was told the Fire Department wouldn’t allow it.

1 Like

Weird that they get a say in it. I mean lots of cities have string lights over streets.

2 Likes

If any of you had watched the Metropolitan burn, you would understand very well that the fire department needs clear access to that vertical right of way. It’s already a dangerous mess with all the unburied regular power lines everywhere. Nothing like some armchair developers questioning the fire department…

4 Likes

I just took a ride through the warehouse district and by the Dillon and Morgan Street! It was pretty crazy down there. It is so nice to see how much that area has been revitalized in such a short time. As more projects begin, the warehouse district is going to be a great place to be!

7 Likes

And armchair architects, designers, investors, politicians, etc. etc. That said, this is an outlet for us to express opinions and sometimes people more in the know can shed light on a subject like @Mark did on this one for me.

2 Likes

Article in the N&O saying the Raleigh Weaver St. location will open in June in the Dillon.
I’ve been more excited about this moving in than the Publix, if you’ve been to any of their other locations you’d understand.

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/business/article229363464.html

8 Likes

I’m definitely more excited about Weaver Street than Publix. Not that Publix isn’t nice but Weaver Street is an awesome locally based grocery store

1 Like

I have seen some great “prepared” food items, but groceries, not so much. :wink:

1 Like

Since they’re currently in far away locations for me, I never use them for groceries. But I think I’ve been to them every time I take a trip to Chapel Hill or Hillsborough. Great place to grab a beer and a pastry or sandwich and sit outside. I’m really looking forward to this as well.

1 Like

I think that Weaver Street Market adds another de facto dimension/credential to MSFH. While not necessarily a weekly shopping destination, it will act like another food hall option for many on the go. If MSFH expanded through the church that separates the two, it would really strengthen that perception.

3 Likes

Are they not going to have produce and stuff at this location? Considering there are barely even any convenience stores on this side of downtown, Weaver Street will be a welcome addition for those of us that don’t want to have to drive 5 - 6 miles if we need to pick up milk or butter.

3 Likes

Isn’t this going to be a full service grocery store? Just in a smaller footprint…

12,600 sf according to their website but they don’t list the size of any other locations or what exactly the Raleigh location will have.

1 Like

But there will be a Publix about a kilometer north for anything that you can’t find at Weaver St. So, all hope is not lost. :wink:

3 Likes

The Publix is still basically a drive-in store. It’s turning out to not be very pedestrian feeling. Weaver st is going to be very much a part of the pedestrian streetscape down there, and I welcome that very much.

3 Likes