The Downtown Raleigh Alliance

Class A office space is “low cost” compared to peer cities. Especially with access to new talent, talking about the ties with local universities.

7 Likes

10.4% of downtown residents walk to work.

8 Likes

93% of shops downtown are locally owned with 48 new stores opening since 2014.

11 Likes

$262 million in food/bev sales in 2019, number only increasing every year.

8 Likes

1448 hotel rooms in DTR

6 Likes

14 new businesses have opened since March 2020.

6 Likes

Playing a video now with downtown business owners and how they responded to the COVID crisis.

4 Likes

This stat makes me happy and certainly seems to justify projects like SmoHo and others.

3 Likes

Shout out to Black Lives Matter.

3 Likes

Ped traffic is up 30% in August over July.

6 Likes

2 grocery stores opened since 2019 with a third planned.

Why am I blanking on that third one?

Maybe Sax General Store? Or the cancelled Teeter at Seaboard?

6 Likes

Sax @ Transfer :blush:

2 Likes

I want to quote this stat to every social media post I see complaining about “more condos/apartments that nobody can afford.” Obviously people are affording them…

7 Likes

Skip Hill from Highwoods talking about choosing not to board up windows a few weeks ago bc wanting to send a positive message and keep things looking vibrant.

Extremely bullish on DTR. Have fielded lots of inquiries from out of state companies.

5 Likes

That’s great that 12 new businesses have opened since March.

Whenever I see the stat about new businesses opening I always think it is just half the story. I’d like to know how many closed to understand the net difference.

1 Like

The News and Observer today has a different take… Although I’m for the optimism, the Downtown Alliance report seems sugarcoated.

I’d love to hear more about what that actually means. Does the 48,000 include government employees?
No doubt that people will come back, but I can’t imagine that they’d come back in the exact manner that they occupied previously.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

In case these DTR reports were missed by some…cool updates!

7 Likes

I was just reading the Q3 report myself! Good to see that another chunk of the 301 Hillsborough/Pendo building got leased up by another big law firm.

9 Likes