The Fairweather and other condos on S. Harrington

Still haven’t seen a bad angle.

12 Likes

nice pic. man we really need more buried power lines downtown…look how many towers and poles are in that pic! yuck

7 Likes

Still looks like quite a bit of work left. Looking great though. What a transformation of that block. Any insights to the cause of the delays? Got a text from my former realtor expressing great frustration with his closings there.

1 Like

I wouldn’t throw up my answer to your question all over this public forum.
:face_vomiting:

Covid and weather…

1 Like

@OakCityDylan wasn’t there talk about redeveloping the northern part of this block as well. I believe part of was a Kane project to reno some existing buildings, but wasn’t there also talk of a 12-20 story building to the west of the Kane redev? I wonder if that is still in the works, or if that has all fizzled due to #2020.

The Cabarrus Master Plan was poo poo’d :poop: by the Boylan neighborhood so Kane is planning to proceed with the existing IX-7 zoning, though I believe that has been put on hold due to Covid and focusing on Downtown South.

The north portion of the Fairweather block got a rezoning approval and as far as I know the woman’s shelter sold, but no movement. I believe the property changed hands again once since the rezoning though the woman’s shelter seems to still exist in the same place for now. Not sure on the latest but if I recall correctly a firm in Durham owns it now.

2 Likes

Maybe after SH demonstrates how successful that sort of development can be, there will be a change of heart from the Boylan Heights NIMBYS? If not, 7 stories in a transition area to SFHs is still nothing to sneeze at. Just look at the impact of The Line apartments in SH. They are pretty darned significant.

7 Likes

Fancy

20 Likes

Fancy like a Christmas package that you can’t get into?
I like the seagull logo. :partying_face:

6 Likes

I’m NEVER going to be able to unsee a seagull now.

6 Likes

I know this isn’t the right thread for Xmas/Holiday cheers but given the context, this is where I’m putting it. What a milestone for Raleigh! First new condos downtown in 12 years!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from Karla and I!

44 Likes

Merry Christmas! :christmas_tree: Congrats on the new spot – it looks great!

5 Likes

Congrats, you guys!!

2 Likes

Very happy for you guys, and it looks great! Merry Christmas!

2 Likes

Legendary street parties on S. Harrington forthcoming…

8 Likes

Clearly priorities have been implemented here! :christmas_tree: Congrats and Merry Christmas!

2 Likes

Merry Christmas and happy early New Year!

1 Like

Looks awesome, Merry Christmas!

1 Like

Harrington St curb going in! This is very exciting for us so we don’t have to traverse mud/dirt to get to our unit anymore (soon)! :raised_hands:t3:

16 Likes

They most definitely did not budget this project correctly beforehand. This building or lot has been incomplete for 2 years if not more.

1 Like