The Metropolitan Apartments / Quorum Center

The occupant of the office space at Quorum was/is/has been the Local Government Federal Credit Union (LGFCU). I guess they are the ones who operate the conference center there?

2 Likes

Isn’t there also an local government center!

The fire was March 2017. We were out for 2 1/2 years. The Local Government Employee Credit Union is an original owner of the first 6 floors and they have not returned yet. Still under construction. They have another building on Wake Forest Road. They’re expanding the conference center because they rent it for conferences and there was demand for a larger space.

9 Likes

Timeless Tuesday
April 30, 2017
Google Photos

11 Likes

Was the cause ever figured out? Other than it was just a big pile of firewood.

Nope. Investigation concluded with no cause.

There is strong speculation it was intentionally started. A picture was circulating around during the time after the fire, taken from the perspective of Dawson St. showing a 2nd or 3rd floor apartment on fire by itself. I just cant seem to find the picture anymore.

One would have to assume the likelihood of the building starting a fire inside one of the apartments 2 floors up on the Dawson St. side seems odd.

1 Like

Found this one as well. Serious heat all the way up at the top of the Quorum Center!

Google Photos

4 Likes

Well, there you go. That’s the reason why I don’t want the letters on Smoky Hollow covered up with a lenses. :wink:

2 Likes

Looks like several years after the fire, these building are indeed coming down!

12 Likes

Those fences have been up for 3 months they need to get on with it. Saw a big rat there the other day.

1 Like

That was me taking pictures… :rat::camera_flash:

10 Likes

Speaking of the Metropolitan. I do love their little art screening that they have on the parking garage. Has that always been there?

3 Likes

well, at least they have him fenced in! :rat:

3 Likes

Had new tree protection fencing up yesterday, I did get the sense that it was progressing

2 Likes

There is activity at this site. Also saw a street sweeper.

9 Likes

I’m not sure this is the right thread but this goes along with the last few posts. Grabbed some shots while the buildings are still standing.

16 Likes

Here comes Smoky Hollow Phase 4/5!! HAHA (I guess we’ll see if Kane can get his hands on this land once it is cleared and sold)

5 Likes

What a great location. This is a great place for something very nice.
Love the reflection of the Curler in the Big Boy’s shiny windows!

8 Likes

I feel like this is a great location for a hotel :man_shrugging:t4:.

3 Likes