The Metropolitan Apartments / Quorum Center

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: General Parking Discussion

One building down.

15 Likes

A high-rise hotel, high-rise condo tower and mid-rise apartment building would be great for this lot.

5 Likes

Pretty much everything in that whole space is gone now, except the brick building, which is nearly there!

19 Likes

New aerials of this demo.

23 Likes

Nice photos, thanks for the update. My walks haven’t taken me in that direction lately, so I have missed a lot of progress.

LET’S GO 40 STORY TOWER!!! :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

I’m new to town (this is my first post), but I drive by this site every morning and have been curious about what this is going to be. Has an official announcement been made yet?

12 Likes

I don’t believe so, but the owners did state they wanted to market this site for a future tower! I believe it may only be zoned for 20 stories currently, though - someone can correct me if I’m wrong.

1 Like

Welcome to the community @OakdaleZach! I hope you are enjoying Raleigh so far. If there is a building proposal, someone here will know. I believe @Jake is right though, just clearing the site for what we hope is another tower!!

FYI for 215 N Dawson.
I want to go back to 1985 and buy this lot, pls.

6 Likes

I think this still might be the latest announced about this site… From 2018… so :man_shrugging:

https://www.cbre.us/about/media-center/dt-raleigh-rfq

CBRE|Raleigh is pleased to announce it has been engaged by The North Carolina League of Municipalities, The North Carolina Association of County Commissioners and The Local Government Federal Credit Union, (“Principals”), to solicit a request for qualifications (RFQ) from the market to identify a development partner for 2.02 acres located at the corner of West Jones Street and Dawson Street in downtown Raleigh, NC. Submissions are due by 5:00pm on June 15, 2018.

The RFQ site has three existing buildings that were heavily damaged in a 2017 fire that occurred adjacent to the site. As a result, the Principals are seeking a partner developer to create a large office/mixed-use development that would include approximately130,000 square feet of office space for their own occupancy. The Principals also require a minimum parking ratio of 3.5/1,000 square feet.

The RFQ site offers developers a unique urban infill redevelopment opportunity strategically located between the State Capitol and the surging Glenwood South district.

4 Likes

I drive by this site often on my way into downtown and I’ve been curious as to what was going in. I assumed more housing because of the proximity to other housing.

One lonely excavator working away tearing down the last of the debris right below the North Hills skyline

12 Likes

Just dropped a quick post on the site. I’ll add more pics that I took yesterday here. Pic of the Week – The Raleigh Connoisseur

A couple of things to note:

• current zoning is up to 12-stories
  • the NC League of Municipalities has owned these lots since 1995

Place your bets on what could come here in the future. I could see lots of uses for this half-block lot with heights around 12-stories.

19 Likes

A Texas donut would fit perfectly.

4 Likes

My bet is that this will be future phase of Smoky Hollow. Kane will jump all over this one.

2 Likes

This is going to make for a great parking lot. :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Could’ve sworn they were also looking to rezone for 20-stories, am I correct?

I get all these hypothetical next phases of Smoky Hollow confused :rofl:

Would this be phase 5…assuming he’s successfully bought the Wake Co. General Services lot for phase 4?

1 Like