Like the Apple campus, this doesn’t look like a DTR project. But could have significant impact to Raleigh.
The Site Criteria is interesting to consider when you compare RTP to the two condenders:
- West Lafayette, Indiana (Purdue Univ.) and
- Kansas City, MO.
- Quality of Life: Advantage to RTP. 2.5 hours to the beach, better climate.
- Costs: I think the sites are fairly on par. Probably a draw.
- Workforce: Slight advantage to RTP and KC with their larger populations to the Purdue area.
- Logistics: You could argue the other two sites are more centrally located, but RTP is closer to the big east cities (and DC). So this one is subjective.
Well, we will see, eh? They will be moving hundreds of employees from DC. Just a 5 hour drive south. If they select RTP, I-885 will be ready to connect I-85 from Durham into Hwy 147 / I-40.
The selection process is to be finished by end of the year…