Trophy Brewing expansion on Morgan Street

Green! :star_struck:

New solar panels in place as well.

13 Likes

That place looks so nice inside. I honestly felt like I was in a different city. It was surreal

2 Likes

Looks like they are redoing the original patio now.

1 Like

Nice! Maybe they were going for a LEED cert or something similar. Green roof, solar, good bike/ped infra, reusing materials, and natural light can all count as points.

4 Likes

10 Likes

David Meeker just posted this picture of Trophy’s roof on Morgan Street. I was unaware they incorporated a green roof, and they sure have invested in an impressive solar panel set up.

22 Likes

Nice! Looks like a $60k solar investment before tax credit.

By the way, got word that the former trophy tap and table is being renovated into a distillery space. Not sure if that has been leaked here before or not

10 Likes

I just saw yesterday something from some architecture firm on Instagram that something was going on there. This must be it!

3 Likes

I’m hearing preliminary reports these 3 homes on Morgan St. are in the process of being purchased and turned into 3 separate establishments. Still early, but maybe a bar concept, or quick food concept.

I’m not sure if it matters or if they would prefer it be public, I won’t mention the group behind it, but there is a specific reason I placed it in this thread.

26 Likes

This must be where cornerstone is moving :wink:

4 Likes

LOL, That was literally my first question “something like cornerstone”.

I was answered with a polite “Hell no”

11 Likes

I hope it’s 3 tiny prisons to match the big one behind them!
(Or a very small replacement Goodnight’s…)

1 Like

I’m glad to hear these buildings aren’t being consolidated, but I do hope they get leased by retail or service based businesses instead of more bars. Hopefully the new owners upfit the exteriors to make them more engaging with the streetscape/ enticing to pedestrians.

Unless you’re hinting that the owners of Trophy are behind the purchase…which I guess would make sense with context clues :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I know a comedy club that’s going to need a new location.

4 Likes

Oh good god….that cheeseball who runs cornerstone?

1 Like

3 tiny houses and the big house.

Great spot for BB’s chicken

1 Like

I wouldn’t be against them doing something modeled after Wicked Weed in Asheville or Aviator in Fuquay. Both these breweries have multiple locations offering different types of things. Wicked Weed has a restaurant, brew pub, and a specific place for special different beers all throughout downtown Asheville. Aviator has a brewery/restaurant, pizza place, and BBQ place all within the same area of downtown Fuquay. We’ve seen them branch out with different food concepts and a brewery so maybe something to continue along those lines?

Just my $0.02.

6 Likes

100% with you. One of them can be a bar, fine. But I’d love to see some unique retail concepts in at least 2 of them!!!

Fun fact: the houses that currently make up Cornerstone used to be edgy/independent retail.

2 Likes