Trophy Brewing expansion on Morgan Street

About the same pavement size as the Edison block.

I like that sidewalk has a pattern to it and not just a slab of concrete.

It’s not bad but our sidewalk “template” could use an upgrade. More planters please.

1 Like

But the parking!! What happen to the beautiful, door-front parking? :innocent:

2 Likes

Phase 2 of this expansion calls for a 7 story deck behind the building. /s

1 Like

665 spaces a couple blocks away
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

@Drew Trophy, being within the downtown element as defined by the city, is technically in downtown proper. I’d suspect that they are subject to the 14ft sidewalk requirement. If each of those grids carved into the concrete represents two feet, then that’s exactly what we see here.

1 Like

Coming along!

11 Likes

What fine transformation of this early strip mall. I can’t believe I ate lunch at a grill in high school, lol.
Is that the final finish on the wood?

3 Likes

Coming right along!

17 Likes

Nice shots. Gotta love that prison in the background!

That’s just affordable housing …

3 Likes

Off topic - but speaking of the prison. Are there any long range plans to relocate the prison? I would think the land value they are sitting on would likely pay a good portion of building a new prison somewhere else. That property value has got to be going up with Dix right across the street. Imagine the development that could go there.

No plans. Should this be a new topic or be moved to the dream big topic?? :wink:

3 Likes

This has come up several times… I vote for making the Future Central Pen Redevelopment into its own thread.

6 Likes

Look at those huge barrels.

16 Likes

ITBInsider shared a few photos from inside, apparently opening this week.

18 Likes

looks nice, may need to drop by for a beer and see what they have done to the old place. I have connections going back to 70’s with that building.

4 Likes

I was just thinking the same thing @scotchman, though my connections only got back to the 80s. I really enjoy the few times I get to be the young one. :wink:

4 Likes

Looks like they’ve added a green roof as well.
From David Meeker;

14 Likes