Trophy Brewing expansion on Morgan Street

Rezoning community meeting is happening: https://community.dtraleigh.com/t/the-raleigh-wire-service/748/1962?u=oakcityyimby

1 Like

I hope this is essentially a formality and passes easily/quickly.

2 Likes

Hopefully this all looks better than what was done at Cornerstone on Glenwood. I’ve seen successful versions of this idea, but I wouldn’t consider Cornerstone to be one of them.

1 Like

Fairly reliable source:

Trophy is under contract to sell Maywood site to Kane & purchasing building in 5 Points

5 Likes

That would be a HUGE win-win!

This would absolutely cement the “brewery district” as 5 points to Iron Works. Also, I can’t imagine actual 5 points being the destination since Maywood is their production facility. Not many buildings nearby that could house them at their current capacity without going over to… whatever the district is called along the railroad tracks.

3 Likes

Big fan of Iron District (hat tip to @John )

1 Like

I can add a little bit of evidence to this comment and just say that I know who helped assemble All of those collective properties on maywood for that rezoning case that hit the wire, and they have ties with Kane

1 Like

5 points, as in the area around Neuse / Nicklepoint I can easily see…maybe even down around the Junction. 5 points, as in within ear shot of the Rialto, OK…let’s see it!

1 Like

There is some really cool old industrial buildings all along Pershing Rd and Gavin St near Neuse River Brewing etc. Larry’s Coffee is one of them, but not sure the status of all the rest.

I’ve always thought there was a lot of retrofitting possibilities in this area.

1 Like

The site is not Pershing or those buildings around there….but it is 5 Points

1 Like

Can we guess streets and you slyly react with a thumbs up if we’re right?

Or a grumpy cat if we’re wrong?

That would spoil the suspense & anticipation….:wink:

3 Likes

They’re moving into the Rialto, aren’t they?

2 Likes

I assume (apologies if you aren’t) that you’re kidding, but wouldn’t that be fun to have a brewery taproom in an old theater?

2 Likes

Or a taproom in the theater!

1 Like

This says Rialto is temporarily closing and will reopen with a new owner after some remodeling.

https://www.newsobserver.com/entertainment/article264566966.html

Perhaps an Alamo Draft house type place run by Trophy Brewing?

5 Likes

Or reuse of a church. I love this brewery in Pittsburgh (Church Brew Works)

21 Likes

Something doesn’t add up though. Their Maywood building is ~12,600 sf not even including all the outdoor space. Nothing that big in Five Points.

Walgreens building ~ 11,800 but I wouldn’t want to trade a Walgreens for another brewery there.
Rialto ~ 10,300. Just can’t picture the logistics of a production facility working there.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m all about reuse of decommissioned churches!

7 Likes