Trophy Brewing expansion on Morgan Street

Perhaps they are moving production somewhere else. That can be moved to just about any empty warehouse in the area.

Of course this is all pure speculation.

1 Like

One of the coolest places I have ever had a beer

2 Likes

I’ve been to a couple in Charleston and Cincinnati. Very cool!

4 Likes

I drank there before a WVU game! Fun spot - that whole Lawrenceville neighborhood is cool.

1 Like

So, if I’m correctly reading between the lines here, and I’m pretty sure that I am, I’m hearing that Trophy is moving into Hayes Barton Baptist Church!? Incredible!

/s

9 Likes

Baptists are very open minded…

3 Likes

Lol not the church itself, just their giant parking lot that they needed to tear down historic homes for. Turns out all their members are going to walk or use public transit and not drive. What an amazing conversion!
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

I know it’s not large enough for brewing operations, but every time I pass this building, I think it’d be a great spot for this kind of thing, especially with the rooftop. I probably wouldn’t go there bc it’d be swamped, but it would certainly add a nexus of activation to the two main sides of the intersection. Too bad that gas station was redeveloped into a one-story bank… speaking of which, there’s the other bank on the intersection that has looked dead forever. It has a larger parcel than I expected (below).

15 Likes

I absolutely love that building, and I wish it was a cool restaurant/cocktail bar.

13 Likes

Right, a two story restaurant/cocktail bar would be great in this spot and would probably get a lot of foot traffic.

3 Likes

There goes my neighborhood watering hole. I give up.

Maywood is one of the weirdest streets in Raleigh. Incredibly expensive new homes (like, more expensive than their Oakwood equivalents in some cases) next to scruffy light industrial warehouses with trucks going in and out next to tumbleweed empty lots. Hopefully the new thing starts to tie it all together.

3 Likes

We should have a meetup there just for you before they close, but you have to come and also wear a grumpy cat t-shirt. :grin:

4 Likes

I’d argue Phil should wear his Bills gear. Pretty much equivalent to a Grumpy Cat shirt (until hopefully next February :sunglasses:)

2 Likes

You think I’m grumpy online - you don’t want to meet me in person.

1 Like

It used to be that you got a discount for being the early bird and foundational owner in an emerging neighborhood. Now it seems that you pay a premium.

1 Like

I’m at Trophy Maywood right now as we speak and I guess I spilled the beans to the bartenders. They acted like I was crazy and I just said - well, you heard it here first.

They mentioned that Meeker would have said something before they heard from the public and I told them to call him out and tell him how disgusted they are.

Just sayin…

No offense to @UncleJesse at all and he may be right (his source) but this is currently literally a rumor. Maybe reliable, but a rumor nonetheless. And even if it is “under contract”, that’s not a sure thing and probably not worth jeopardizing your staff over until you have a concrete plan. I expect the bartenders at Maywood are :100: part of whatever the future plans are.

6 Likes

Why would this “jeopardize” the staff? A bit melodramatic.

They simply move locations….a mile or 2 away.

My “source” is about as reliable as you will ever get……I suppose things could change but my source is about as close to the deal as you would ever get.

1 Like

Phil,

You are afforded all the rights given as a citizen of the USA. Speak as freely as you would like sir.