Videos of downtown Raleigh

5 Likes

I made a video of downtown raleigh for a class I was taking a couple years ago. Seems like everything was under construction then!

9 Likes
19 Likes
7 Likes

Nice, that’s the old service station next to Chargrill and across the street from Bloc 83 being turned into a restaurant. Good to know they are still moving forward with the construction.

4 Likes

“Don’t forget to put your pecker down before you leave”… :relaxed: LoL

“I yanked on her and she won’t come.” lol.

Very cool drone footage. Not my work.

14 Likes

A friend and I did that video. I was waiting for an edit and sound before posting it.

8 Likes

Oops, sorry. But fantastic work! I saw it on urban planet where I guess you posted it earlier.

2 Likes

Pretty good range for a DJI Mini.

Frankly, I was just interested in seeing what Glenwood South was looking like from the air these days, and then we just kept flying it to see what we could get. The only issue that we ran into was around the county justice center area. I guess it was a no fly zone. It’s not my drone, and I was just learning how to use it.

4 Likes

Nice to see an aerial vid that actually shows Glenwood South. Feels like all the others pretty much focus on the CBD and give the impression that’s all there is.

2 Likes

Thanks. Ultimately there needs to be a video that explores all of the districts of downtown.

1 Like

It also points out those two lots at the end of Fayetteville street just begging to be developed.

5 Likes

The jail is the main reason for that no fly zone.

2 Likes

You can see in the video where the drone stays basically stuck for 45 seconds are so as we navigated its perimeter.

2 Likes
8 Likes

Looks like we made the top (bottom?) 10! :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Thanks for sharing. Will have to check out more CN material. Optimistically, at least our main issue is surface parking which can be sold off and redeveloped, versus road infrastructure like some of the other capitals mentioned.