Village District developments

I just drew a line from this location to the PNC building and Camden will rise to the left of it.

1 Like

Drove by the site this afternoon and the parking lot appears to be roped off. There was an engineering company truck on site with what looked like some survey equipment.

11 Likes

There goes my parking during peak gym hours :tired_face: :sob:

It’s ok Jake, they’ll build a bunch of tall, unadorned parking decks for you soon!

3 Likes

The apartment complex is going up quickly now.

19 Likes

It’s a modern Stonehenge right now.

14 Likes

I think the same thing every time I drive by this site lately haha.

37 Likes

5 Likes

Just a reminder that we put our cars in non combustible concrete decks and our people in giant wood frame tinderboxes.

13 Likes

First pic really shows the need for Hillsborough St to be MUCH MORE densified.

2 Likes

That’s not Hillsborough St. That’s Clark Ave.

Just so much room for more - it’s such a main artery into/out of downtown, and with the university there as well, should be PACKED with density IMO

14 Likes

It’s 2023. That Two Guys lot is still empty/unfinished. The hungry baptist student center is still there (as a Nail Salon)? The empty lot next to Players Retreat is still empty.

There are some 5/1s going up in the area but the main commercial strip on Hillsborough is totally underutilized. Housing for NCSU employees could really be beefed up here.

9 Likes

You said 3rd pic. That’s not the 3rd pic in how it shows up on my end. That’s probably why folks were confused.

Ah! I did, meant “first pic” - fixed! Thanks for catching

1 Like

What I struck me about that photo was Dix Hospital there in the distance and how we really need a signature something on the top of Dix Hill. Maybe noting as tacky as Knoxville’s Sun Sphere, but a viewing tower of some sort. Or a giant Ferris Wheel.

6 Likes

That’s where the gondola connects through Dix.
:mountain_cableway:

6 Likes

Noticed they had a fence up at the hotel site. Also made me think - anyone know if anything is happening with those brick buildings in the back? Pretty decrepit looking.

14 Likes

If not I think it is only a matter of time before they get redeveloped.

3 Likes