Village District developments

Consider me surprised it was only costing 3.5MM. I was expecting 400 million for that half mile

Which aspect? They are completing the resurfacing on Oberlin with bike lanes. There are some sharrow sections which I donā€™t necessarily care for, but I do think itā€™s an improvement. Iā€™m also guessing itā€™s not being done there since the road is narrower.

Iā€™m definitely excited to see the section completed near Clark Ave/Oberlin Rd.

I would like to see a better design crossing Glenwood at St. Maryā€™s Street. In the morning, crossing to go onto St. Maryā€™s heading south isnā€™t too bad. Itā€™s definitely not good for an inexperienced biker, but Iā€™ve had no issues on my hybrid bike. Itā€™s definitely no problem on the ebike. Heading north is a different story. I made the mistake heading north one day after work. Depending on riding style, you get caught in the traffic since thereā€™s no lane and the road is narrow. Iā€™ve started using St Maryā€™s in the morning because crossing at Wade Avenue isnā€™t great anymore; thereā€™s too much fast moving traffic and no one really stops to let pedestrians/cyclists cross (it takes a bit before someone does stop).

2 Likes

That building is gone now, went by today. Had to actually see where this was going. Gonna be quite impactful.

1 Like

We have signage!

Ready for some Sha Eshack!

11 Likes

Iā€™ve seen some ESHACKs in airports. Super awesome concept. I think itā€™ll do well in CV.
:laughing: :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™ll hold my opinion on Shake Shack, and simply say Iā€™m glad a retail spot is filled and Iā€™m sure it will do well with the Cameron Village crowd.

2 Likes

What is the Cameron Village crowd?

I have a feeling this would kill (business-wise but also probably health-wise) anywhere in Raleigh, including with the DTR crowdā€¦

3 Likes

Overpriced (imo) burgers selling to shoppers with relatively high disposable income.

1 Like

Like BurgerFi isnā€™t any cheaper.

Man, downtown is the place for overpriced food options. High rent, gots to pay employees so they can pay for their parking . Go to Raleigh Raw and get a 3 oz dingleberry smooothie for $12. Give me Cameron Village and Chick-fil-A, Moeā€™s, and melted Goodberrys

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Five Points, East End Market, & Raleigh Iron Works

Was getting some audio work done on my car (replace the infotainment) south of Raleigh near Garner, and I ended up eating lunch at Bojangleā€™s across the street. They had a sign on their window that they were hiring crew members for up to $15 an hour. Paying staff higher wages isnā€™t just a downtown thing.

1 Like

To put up with Bojangles customers $30 hr is not even enough. I donā€™t know how you balance pay and affordability. I donā€™t mind paying for good food and a good atmosphere, however some of the fast casual type places downtown charge sit down meal prices for take out food. Looking at you Transfer Food Hall.

5 Likes

I find both food halls and food trucks to be generally overpriced.

4 Likes

something there is hard on the eyes. it ainā€™t EIFS i guess.

You can sit down at the food hall. Or at Burial where the beer is somehow cheaper.

2 Likes

The apartments by the library are coming alongā€¦

25 Likes

DENSITY!!! (characters)

DESTINY!!! (dyslexia)

3 Likes

OMG, I read @Jakeā€™s post and said the same thing only to see you stole my thunder!!! :joy:

:2nd_place_medal: :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain: