Village District Developments

My village is maturing nicely, thank you for the updates.

And yes I also claim CAM, the Contemporary Arts Museum…that was my idea I just can’t prove it yet.

16 Likes

Was just about to post this as I walk out of the gym! Demolition has long been completed- this mobile crane means IMPENDING TOWER CRANE! I’ll keep an eye on it throughout the week and report back when I start to see the tower crane going up!

7 Likes

You will be around more often. I wont be back in town for several months. I look forward to your updates!

1 Like

Thanks for everything Cam! Keep up the good work!

3 Likes

Replace the McDonald’s on Peace with building like this. Drop an urban format McDonald’s on the lower level and parcel the upper floor to small businesses offering services like tailoring, shoe repair, etc. One can fantasize…

3 Likes

Cranes in the Village

26 Likes

It seems short for 7-stories, to me. Doesn’t appear to have an extender thingie either.

Crane is up

20 Likes

These units are coming along nicely.

26 Likes

What’s with the weird crosswalk markings? :thinking:

1 Like

It’s camouflage (like the Rockway parking deck paint) so you can’t see them and don’t have to stop for pedestrians.

4 Likes

AI generated to cover up the hideous shadows

5 Likes

The common area lobby will actually be storefront glass:

24 Likes

I see! A good looking condo building, nonetheless.

1 Like

Which one is this? I like how it steps down at the corner - nice scale. Would be great as retail.

won’t be. No retail planned for this or for the one next door that seems to be dead. Short sighted, IMO

This is the Camden apartments that’s being built immediately east of The Village District. This is next door to the Village District Library.

2 Likes

The Lansing is supposed to start in the summer I believe. Remains to be seen.

3 Likes

This isn’t usually talked about on this forum but I think each district should have different and very distinctive streetlight and wayfinding designs.

The village, warehouse, and historical neighborhoods could have streetlight designs modeled after old gas lampposts (obvious LED flame lights).

The park district could have streetlights and signs with nature-influenced designs.

17 Likes

Maybe it will be complete before 615Peace?