West Street Corridor

New West Street Extension/Tunnel video put out by the city today:

27 Likes

Says they plan on sharing the project design this winter. So sometime around the end of March 2021 probably

3 Likes

I want this to happen so badly…

12 Likes

Project page currently says design completion by Summer 2022.

2 Likes

I bet china would have this designed by Sunday at 2 pm.

7 Likes

And built by 5pm on Tuesday :laughing:

2 Likes

…but while ignoring (if not … silencing) anyone who tries to point out any social or environmental problems.

Or God forbid, anyone who utters the meaningless words “private property rights”.

6 Likes

I am starting to like this China :rofl:
Sorry, I had too…Lol :tropical_drink: :beers: :clinking_glasses: :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

The project only mentions connecting West to W Cabarrus, but it’d be cool if they could also provide access to West Davie. Doubt they can because street level is right at train track level, and there’s a building and parking lot that would have access cut off if they lowered the street to go under the tracks like West does.

I believe there was talk about incorporating some kind of pedestrian access to Davie way back when there were public meetings about this, but I don’t recall specifics.

2 Likes

From a neighbor at The West.
RR track improvements finally!

18 Likes

West St tracks are already done and I suspect Harrington will be done by the end of today/tomorrow! What an improvement!

And thanks to @R-Dub for the advantageous perspective (balcony).

17 Likes

Now if only we could get sidewalks!

4 Likes

Now it’s one-wheel ready!

1 Like

I learned how to ride my OneWheel over the crappy previous tracks and also know plenty of people lost their heads riding Birds/Limes/Gotchas over them as well. What an improvement!

6 Likes

Hats off for riding that OneWheel on the pavement alone! I took a nasty spill a couple weeks ago in Wolf Laurel riding one on a MTB trail. Needless to say I will not be riding one in the near future and should probably just keep riding two wheels.

2 Likes

Not sure where else to put this but we were documenting the rail crossing upgrades on West/Harrington here so this seems to be related.

They’re cleaning up the area S of the tracks at the GoTriangle storage building (where the ‘Canes mural is).

13 Likes

much improved! The little things like this matter

1 Like

Little things like a sidewalk here would matter as well! :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Isn’t that the truth?!
That needs to happen.