West Street Corridor

Never heard of it, but they sure throw some shade at the city for keeping them from opening.

1 Like

Thatā€™s seems unusual. :thinking:

And they have NOTHING posted on their IG account that you shared.

Thatā€™s correct. Nothing yet. :man_shrugging:t3:

So, this Pink Boots. Are they trying to open somewhere on West Street?

That worked.
Nope, still havenā€™t heard of it, but it sounds fun. I like boots and I like pink, lol. But really they had me a B A R.

Supposed to be ā€œnestledā€ next to Rainbow Luncheonette at 911 N West St.

https://instagram.com/therainbowluncheonette?igshid=1gf4kd7bs8ppg

Same owner as Cardinal and Atlantic Lounge I believe.

2 Likes

Yes, same owner as Cardinal, Atlantic Loungeā€¦ hopefully soon to be Rainbow Luncheonette. Says it will be next to the Luncheonette in the Rainbow Building on West Street. The current drawing of the Pink Boot is his daughters rendition of the the logo. Said the Pink Boot will be the smallest, weirdest bar in the city

4 Likes

I like how this area is coming together. Raleigh needs more ā€œweirdā€.

4 Likes

Yeah @Lars, that end of West street has a ton of potential. Excited to see what is to come

1 Like

Unfortunately ā€œweirdā€ is usually among the first victims of escalating property values.

5 Likes

Weird?

How about we just get simple American freedoms like being allowed to drink in public, especially in city parks. Moore Square for example prohibits alcohol except for a small area around Square Burger.

3 Likes

Until SEHSR comes to town. Then that whole strip of businesses between West Street and the ā€˜NSā€™ will get taken out. (But, donā€™t hold your breath. Thatā€™s still a long ways out.)

-why not both ? .gif

What does this stand for?

1 Like

Southeast High Speed Rail (Richmond to Raleigh)

1 Like

https://dtraleigh.com/tag/sehsr/

@dtraleigh has done a lot of the heavy lifting, and organized it better than I ever could have done.

3 Likes

Ah, another bar. :sleepy: Was hoping it was retail or something

3 Likes

Same but tbh retail would struggle so hard in that spot - practically zero foot traffic around there!

I heard a rumor from a fairly reliable source that 5-Star will be moving to 303 N West St (former Auto Interiors & Tops building). Currently being renovated by Atlas Stark.

20 Likes