What's your Walkscore?

I don’t think that this has been discussed here, and it’s certainly a fluff topic, but what’s your home walkscore?
Mine is 94, AKA walker’s paradise. I am not sure that I’d call it a walker’s paradise, but it’s about as good as you can expect to get in Raleigh.

6 Likes

Hah, I’m in the heart of Oakwood and got a 63. I’d call it pretty walkable for everything but groceries in practice.

1 Like

South of DT clocking in at 26. Lets hop to it BRT southern corridor!

3 Likes

E Lenoir/chavis area is an 87

1 Like

54! Can walk to most necessities within a mile. Grocery store is .25 miles.

1 Like

I actually only got a 93.
:thinking:

1 Like

I think that I get an extra point for being near The Yacht Club

2 Likes

Slides carry weight…

1 Like

93, but I’m strange and get tired of same scenery so I drive and demand free parking .

1 Like

Yay I got 14! Do I win a car?

Fuller Heights and my ole NoRA neighborhood both coming in juuuust above average around 35 is pretty interesting…Lots of work to do to make Raleighwood more walkable for most of its citizens.

1 Like

Damn you barely beat me!
16 here off lake wheeler just south of 440.

Not sure I agree.
I’d at least give it a 19 here

3 Likes

will gift the 3 as an early Christmas present

Could be worse—I’m out here with a Walkscore of 2! :smiling_face_with_tear:

My old college apartment was 50 (Bikescore of 79) and that felt like paradise.

3 Likes

Im off of Lake Wheeler and Sierra and I give it a 18, sometimes I walk towards South Saunders and West st. Heading downtown, a good 40 minute walk. That narrow road frightens the hell out of me because of the cars :red_car: speeding up and down, especially at night. I walk the rest of the way on the Dix park side. On some weekends if i dont feel like driving. But on a Saturday morning, i go to the State farmers market to buy vegetables and fruit before the crowds and traffic get busy.

2 Likes

I’m by the village district and got a 94. It’s probably the most walkable part of the city outside of downtown.

3 Likes

Once you get through that parking lot belt it’s great for walking. I hope they eventually find a way to make it feel like a neighborhood vs a big classy strip mall.

The residential areas around it are of course mostly lovely.

1 Like

51, Sawmill Road off Creedmoor Road.

1 Like

96 at Quorum residences

3 Likes

44 Walk Score
41 transit
56 biking
Up near Crabtree Mall.

I’m quite happy with it since I tend to bike places. I’ll ride the Greenway up to Sawmill > Old Lead Mine to Home Depot when I need to grab stuff up that way.
I can get to 3 different grocery stores within 10 minute e-bike ride (about 15 minutes regular).

My only complaint is that it’s not as good for night biking due to the crossing at Glenwood and Blue Ridge Rd.

3 Likes