What's your Walkscore?

My CURRENT Digs in the “Wild West End” aka the suburbs of the Warehouse District was an impressive 88. PREVIOUS house in nowhere land Fuquay was a unimpressive 16. Guess we all can guess why I moved!!??

5 Likes

16 here with a bike score of 51, in a neighborhood by Rock Quarry and MLK. Explains why my wife and I both have ebikes.

2 Likes
  1. Live in the Mordecai area

28 - Eastgate near northills

97 at Skyhouse (Walkers Paradise)
75 transit (do they know GoRaleigh hub is across Martin?)
92 bike score

Doctor’s office less than a block away.
Post office two blocks
DGX on the corner
Moore Square across intersection
Big Ed’s across Blount in City Market
IMAX is the local theater one block away.

Location, location, location.

11 Likes

We just have to get a grocer on the east side of DT, though it’s not a terrible walk to Weaver St.

9 Likes

I sh!t you not, mine is a 7. A 7!!! It’ll get better if they ever add retail to 5401 North, but not too much better…

3 Likes

Damn now I’m in 2nd place. But I can walk to 3 restaurants, PNC Arena, Carter Finley, and the State Fairgrounds…and a nail salon! What more could I want to walk to lol

3 Likes

Bro factor at Skyhouse must deduct 10 points. :grinning:. My nephew and his “buds” live there.

46 here (far east of Five Points) with actually quite a bit of breweries and restaurants at walking distance (Funguys, McNeil pointe, dock 1053, east end market…).
The walking experience is terrible though. The sidewalk on WF road should help but that whole section between Snoopy’s and Iron Works is bad.

2 Likes

High brew score then.

1 Like

I got a 73 (I live on the one way block of S Saunders) and it honestly seems a little low… we walk just about everywhere but also don’t mind a long walk so maybe that’s it? I will agree the grocery scene isn’t ideal. Publix is too far to walk and Weaver can be sooooo expensive. I’m crossing my fingers for good bike infrastructure down Lake Wheeler so I can bike to the farmers market!

8 Likes

I got a 43 in Greystone :frowning: But I do walk to the Stonehenge shopping center (7 minutes away) 2 or 3 times per week for quick errands. And the Greystone shopping center (with Gonza, Sola, and Two Roosters) is a 20 minute walk the other direction :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Haha :sweat_smile: Even though one can live with a beer belly, i would prefer to have grocery store closest. Trader Joe’s and Wegmans are about 1.2 miles away but the walk along wake forest + six forks crossing is just not exciting. Perfect stroad there :expressionless:.
Density is just not there for small scale grocery stores, even in downtown it takes time to get those (but it’s happening!).

2 Likes

Founders Row - 97.

Odd that it said it was a 20 minute walk to downtown which the map showed being down New Bern towards Char Grill.

3 Likes

I don’t know how Google Maps gets fixed, but it’s maddening that it doesn’t identify downtown in the same way that the city does. Google has the entire boundary of downtown shifted to the east. How does this get fixed? Anyone know?

30 over here off Duraleigh. West Raleigh suuuuuuuuuuuucks.

1 Like

It’s nice if you have a car you enjoy driving…

I used to live out Duraleigh. I bought my first condo there when I could not afford to buy anywhere else. I can’t even imagine my old address having a walkscore of 30. I had to drive everywhere!!!
I just looked that old address up. It is a 9.

Milburnie Rd east of Raleigh Blvd. I have…

38 - Walk Score
33 - Transit Score
41 - Bike Score. (Calling it a 60 with an E-bike :joy:

4 Likes