What's your Walkscore?

E-Bikes are game changers!

4 Likes

Capitol Park behind William Peace University

83 - Walk Score
52 - Transit Score
54 - Bike Score

Not bad. Hopefully we get some good retail and dining in the new Seaboard to bring it up a bit more, maybe a future rail station in Seaboard :eyes:

4 Likes

A “walkscore over time” feature would be incredible.

8 Likes

E Martin St

80 - Walk Score
68 - Transit Score
69 - Bike Score

Saxapahaw General Store is listed as my closest grocery store :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

So Circle Dr in Jacksonville AL, my home, has a
13 Walk Score
21 Bike
0 transit
Am I the winner for worst score? lol
At least I can walk to work!!

96 - Walk
75 - Transit
90 - Bike

Over near the Edison

1 Like

In Carolina Pines area

13 - Walk
30 - Transit
26 - Bike

Still, I bike to work at NC State (didn’t buy a parking sticker after covid) and routinely walk to a grocery store. We often bike to Crankarm and Trophy on Maywood. E-bikes are game changers. I have also engaged in a fair amount of “tactical suburbanism” to make biking and walking possible. Am I the only person on here who owns a tractor? :tractor:

5 Likes

Oh man, if we’re doing hometowns, here’s my childhood home in North Waterboro, Maine:

No transit score because most people in that town have probably never even seen a bus.

Oddly enough, I actually do enjoy driving. Just not in cities, and definitely not on stroads (which is, like, every single suburban road in North Carolina).

These? Lovely.

This? Miserable.

10 Likes

I could use a tractor, but no, I don’t have one. You are so lucky.

1 Like

40 Walk
20 Transit
60 bike

…in the Woodcroft area of Durham

I’m in walking distance of a decent collection of retail and nightlife but… uh… there’s no actual sidewalk? Pretty tragic. 100 ft of grass and a stroad crossing stand in the way of a walk score of 60 probably.

Transit is garbage. Durham buses fear to tread here. Only the GoTriangle 805 swings by.

Biking is decent oddly. Good communication of lanes and greenways to the east, but nothing to the west.

Look at some of these scores being in a city of almost 500k people. Here’s a walk score in the neighborhood area of a town where I lived when I was younger. The town has less than 8500 people in the middle of nowhere Nebraska and I’m sure has a better walk score than some of neighborhoods in Raleigh. The bike score isn’t too bad. I think it’s higher than my neighborhood.

1 Like

Boylan & Peace

95 Walk Score: Walker’s Paradise
56 Transit Score: Good Transit
75 Bike Score: Very Bikeable

1 Like

I’m 2 miles south of downtown in the Carolina Pines area:

13 walk score: car dependent
30 transit score: some transit
26 bike score: somewhat bikeable

Biked to work today.

5 Likes

Carolina Pines becomes more walkable and bikeable once the 10’ sidepath and opposing sidewalk are added as components of the current road improvements project (now in utilities relocation phase).

5 Likes

Charlotte, about 2 miles from Ikea. Walk score is 25, bike score 34. Doesn’t report a transit score. The sidewalks are actually reasonable (other than intersections) but the few bike lanes in my immediate area are terrible and I’ve never seen anyone use them. Bus stops are relatively close but require crossing very pedestrian unfriendly streets, and no shelters or even benches are there to wait at.

At this point I ride my motorcycle like 75% of the time.

2 Likes

Chatham County, North Carolina , USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Universe

Walk Score , probably zero

Can walk to golf and clubhouse and other senior activities such as constant bitching. That’s our version of the Israelites at Moore Square.

2 Likes

Charlotte, 1/4 mile from East/West Light Rail Station near Atherton Mill. Walk Score 96, Transit Score 51, Bike Score 53.

4 Likes

Boston (Mission Hill, suburb):
89 - Walk Score
90 - Transit Score :-1:t4: (smooth 75)
68 - Bike Score

3 Likes

Rochester Heights. 20, which is probably about right. Gave me a 52 bike score for being “flat as a pancake” but, being in the Walnut Creek floodplain, actually everything is uphill from here. Except my job! Now I just need to replace my busted-up bike…

3 Likes

You should have moved to The Villages in central Florida. They have a high golf cart score! They also have a high STD score. :rofl:

1 Like