Wild Ideas for Raleigh

I don’t know about being short on answers. Yeah it’s the same to us, but the same things are often listed in a lot of places. In saying that, some “wild ideas” include:

• Creating a kayaking river from Lake Crabtree all the way down to the Neuse River. It’s a pretty wild idea. Not sure on feasability. With DTR about 3 miles to Atlantic/Crabtree Creek or 4 miles to New Bern, this could be something within Raleigh’s immediate area.
  • Commercialization of one of Raleigh’s Lakes. Although not in Raleigh, Lake Crabtree would probably be the best lake for something close-ish. I would like to see a boardwalk over the lakes including shops. It will definitely be touristy (think Myrle Beach Broadway at the Beach). I really like the way it was lit up during Christmas.
  • I would love a park to be created at 5201 and 5301 Homewood Banks Dr (Existing plans call for apartments). You could get some good views of NH from this location.
  • Restaurants at NCMA and other lakes. Not talking about a huge commercialization here, but a few restaurants/cafes or food trucks would be nice.
  • Downtown car-free only shopping center. It happens a lot in Europe, why can’t we get that here? Even North Hills has roads through it. I hate being there during lunch times with all the honking. (Link to my post about Groningen 2023; About the one in Germany in 2021).
4 Likes