Show Off Things From Other Cities

A preview of things to come. Here are a few photos I took from a small town in Germany called Bad Odesloe. The city has a population of 25k. It is a 33 minute express train ride (50 minute local train) or a 28.6 mile drive from Hamburg.

I am very jealous that we can’t get a pedestrian only shopping area. The closest I can think of off the top of my head is Southpoint or Lafayette Village, but outside their short strips it’s all surrounding by a moat of parking or nothingness. The first photo is blurry, but it does show quite a bit of bicycle parking. I’ll try to take a photo of more bicycle parking. There were quite a few bikes around.

This photo I do want to highlight the large sidewalk on this street.

This photo shows a bunch of buildings around a small creek I guess? I just like how this looks even though there isn’t a whole lot of water in this area.

This is a bus stop that was used to get us to the airport (to get a rental car). It serves a few bus lines (I know at least 2 since this is where we connected) and is connected to their U-bahn (subway) station. It’s very basic but is functional. The bus ride to the airport costs 7.50EUR per person for a 20 mile ride. The fare is based on zones you travel through.

This photo was from the bus stop looking towards the street. We can see the bike lane on the side.

I’m also adding a photo of the screen showing the ICE train going 200kph.

I’ll be posting more as I get more photos.

12 Likes