William Peace and Seaboard Station

She gets picked on and called ugly a lot. She’s just a little “big boned” but I think she’s beautiful :wink::joy:

7 Likes

She’s a sturdy girl!

3 Likes

Imagine letting a famous mural artist run wild on this building…

5 Likes

Raleighwood walls :art:

Yessir. At least Reddit thinks so.

Looks like Seaboard Station revamp continues to move towards construction start according to the business journal.

4 Likes

The plans have been updated on the city’s website as well. Looks like the hotel portion has been reduced and residential added. Also looks like another retail spot was added as well as a roof-top restaurant.

12 Likes

On Thursday, the company filed site plans for Seaboard Station – Block B. The plans call for 449,554 square feet of mixed-use space set to feature 299 luxury apartments as well as retail and restaurant space. It’s one of two parcels that make up the first phase of the Seaboard Station project.

14 Likes

They expect to start on Block A in Q3 of this year, and Block B a few months after that. No timeline for future phases.

4 Likes

Same boxy Internationalist styling.

3 Likes

To me it does look very now, very 2020. I can see the In’t’list roots. I don’t care of it much, its meh, but the density will be a welcome addition.

2 Likes

LOVE how much they are putting in here and the fact they are going to put in a roof top restaurant. If on the south or west side, the views should be great! AND nice long parking deck below everything! :raised_hands:

Only negative, I think at first glance it does kind of look similar to buildings in an office park like the ones they are putting up on Glenwood before you get to Crabtree. Would love to see something a bit more industrial looking to connect to it’s train station roots.

5 Likes

Block A went out to the trades to start bidding on today. Alas, no timeline was given in the RFP. Often, these will have a planned start date & sometimes a planned completion date included in the invite.

5 Likes

Just when I thought Fallon’s Flowers was looking so good and thought they did such a great job with it… they go and do this :thinking: :frowning_face:… (Personally not a fan)
FF

Someone was watching too much Chip and Joanna Gaines.

4 Likes

I like the awning. What’s up with that wood tho?

Right… I loved everything they did until the wood

2 Likes

Y’all I have nothing against the wood, looks alright to me. Why the distaste??? :joy:

2 Likes

Looks cheap - Ikea Chic.

Well, it might be because they went to such great lengths to remove a 1970s style canopy off the building, and restore the facade, only to slap the latest trend on it.

1 Like