William Peace and Seaboard Station

They’re not laughing with you, they’re laughing…oh, never mind. :wink:

6 Likes

took these pics yesterday while I was downtown

38 Likes

Thanks for sharing so many shots!

I’m anticipating that the developer will bring in some of the same tenants from the Wharf. Truly, I’m hoping for Gordon Ramsey restaurants…

3 Likes

Now that this phase of project is wrapping up in Seaboard do we know if any of the others are green lit to start or is this going to be it for awhile even with all the planned developments?

2 Likes

You know this will bring the traffic to the area at least.

18 Likes

Oh yeah, and there are some bowls coming as well

16 Likes

yeah I’m hoping for something nice here too! I’ve been saying for the longest that a nice movie theater or bowling alley would do well in this development

7 Likes

I drove thru here the other day too and … woof, that blank wall + visible parking deck down the entire stretch across from Logan’s is… rough. Like REALLY ugly and uninviting. Feels like I took a wrong turn and went down along the backside of a huge WalMart shopping plaza or something… only 5 stories higher lol. Whatever becomes of the 20-story development that will eventually replace Logan’s better REALLY activate the street level here, or it’s a complete dead-zone. Really hate these inward/self-contained developments that allow for entire sections of street to just be complete dead-zones of brick wall/loading docks and concrete deck. Why does everything have to suck lmao

2 Likes

They do it for you man…

Seriously though, while you’re completely right about this parking deck and blank wall, my bigger issue is still that they took what was once a bunch of semi interesting small businesses and replaced them with a generic apartment complex and generic hotel. Once Logan’s is gone in a few months, I don’t think there’s any draw, except maybe the rooftop bar, in this whole place now.

6 Likes

Well, I did have to make a run to Ace Hardware over the weekend to get some more potting soil … but that whole lot is slated for more of the same, too :upside_down_face:

To be fair, none of the new stuff is open yet except the apartments.

3 Likes

Yeah waiting with bated breath for yet another bowl place, some tea with chunks, that amazing Starbucks, and some diabetes inducing milkshake place. If we could get a nail salon and bank branch, I’d never leave…
:disguised_face:

5 Likes

Biscuit Belly opened a couple weekends ago and was packed when I walked by. Might go and try it this weekend.

2 Likes

The bacon egg and cheese biscuit clocks in at about ten bucks.

4 Likes

Yeah so they can F**k right off with that lmao. Jubala still has a great BEC on delicious homemade biscuits for like $6-7.

1 Like

Yeah, we definitely weren’t going to be getting an average breakfast biscuit place in here given what I imagine the rents on these retail spaces to be. If this ends up anything like The Wharf, it’s all going to be expensive. Not sure why that should be the case, though. Not like this is on the waterfront and in the nation’s capital.

1 Like

The Wharf also has “The Anthem” - one of the biggest and best indoor (and INDEPENDANT) music venues I’ve ever been to - meaning yes, I have bought tix and made weekend plans specifically to go to DC just for a show there. Seaboard Station… does not have that lmao.

7 Likes

Not to mention the 25 grand to have a stent put in down the line…
:broken_heart:

2 Likes

Sounds like a pretty normal price these days.

You had me at movie theater.

3 Likes