Wishes for DT Raleigh 2024

What are everyone’s wishes for downtown in the coming year? Spread the net wide and let us know what you’d like to see happen!
I’ll start with downtown’s ZIP Codes. I’d like to see one of the following two happen.

1. Split both 27603 and 27604 so that the original ZIPs are centralized and the extended sections of the existing ZIPs are splintered off into new ZIP Codes.
  2. Take the downtown sections of both 27603 and 27604 and consolidate them into 27601.

I’d like to see the ZIP for DT more closely resemble the downtown boundary and give the city center more of a unified identity. Between 03 and 04, 03 is a particularly ridiculous ZIP Code as is.

10 Likes

Movement on the N&O block that is mostly residential, but mixed use over all. I also hope we see concrete plans on the NCDOT lots, but I suspect that will not happen till after city elections.

17 Likes

Bike lanes, Bike Tracks, Finished Trails, Bike Racks, EV Buses!!! We need more and now lol.

Happy New Year :confetti_ball:

11 Likes

More cars downtown, fewer accommodations for bikes, wider lanes, and higher speed limits. I want to feel like I’m still on I-40 when I’m downtown.

2 Likes

For the new year are you changing your screen name to gucciLittleSheetDisturber?

I’ll add a new one. I wish that 615 Peace would finally get finished…though I’m not holding my breath.

5 Likes

For context about 615 Peace. This photo was taken a year and a week ago.

8 Likes

When can the condo buyers start suing? Like… seriously, I’d be exploding on someone by now if I had purchased one when they became available to buy and I’m still renting a temporary apartment in January 2024…

2 Likes

I would like to see the retail spaces be filled with vibrant businesses in these new apartment buildings!!

5 Likes

Not sure they’d be able to sue, but at least have the option to get their money back. If they refuse, perhaps that’s what would justify legal action.

I just want anything to break ground in 2024. I believe we’ll have the municipal tower kick off, but anything else? Specifically I want to see the Creamery tower (phase 1) break ground. Perhaps we’ll see at least 1 interest rate drop in the first half of 2024 to interest (see what I did there…) builders into starting some of these projects.

7 Likes

Probably RUSbus development, too. They’ve had the drill out there and the plot completely flat and ready for some concrete.

4 Likes

Hoping for the Nash Square apartments to break ground in 2024. Still mad about the Kimpton, Moxie, Creamery, and Madison all being on hold or canceled.

5 Likes

You know this is going to be a Highwoods parking lot, right?

I’d like to see whatever the hell is going on the old Goodnight’s lot get started so I can stop being mad about them demolishing a perfectly usable 100 year old building for (thus far) ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

12 Likes

I wish for better bike infrastructure in and connection to downtown Raleigh

7 Likes

Light rail and more exciting stuff such as IKEA and a waterpark like what they have in Greensboro. I mean there’s Frankie’s, but I want something bigger.

5 Likes

I see your light rail and I’ll lower you to new cars and locomotives on the Piedmont heavy-rail service.

Also, here’s to hoping for some sort of rezoning for BRT corridors that allows walkable infill housing to be built within the corridors.

I also hope for more ADUs, middle housing, and low-income housing partners like DHIC to rise in our city

6 Likes

I’m surprised nobody has mentioned the groundbreaking for BRT on Newbern yet. That is planned for this year, right?

:bus:

6 Likes

I hope that this gondola idea for DT and Dix becomes even more a “thing” in the Raleigh socialsphere. :mountain_cableway: :mountain_cableway: :mountain_cableway:

11 Likes