Zimmer - Peace at Capital (SE Corner) - 506 Capital Blvd

Probably best we stay on topic here. Perhaps we can move this tangent to a different thread, @dtraleigh?

1 Like

I use a 24 hour rule generally before I move or encourage banter to get back on track. It’s all good with me.

4 Likes

One of the few DTR sites that looks relatively similar

5 Likes

This pic is a few months old, I forgot I had it. I really hope they still plan on incorporating the turntable (built in 1909) into whatever finally gets built here.

Some Raleigh history: Raleigh’s Rail History, Hidden Off Capital Boulevard | Raleigh Public Record

21 Likes

Slightly different angle. :rofl:

2 Likes

When does construction starts

2 Likes

No ETA. This project wants a tenant instead of building on spec.

2 Likes

Not even a site review submitted to the city yet. Year(s) away. If at all.

2 Likes

Is Zimmer starting construction

1 Like

Pics coming soon 🫡.

….

3 Likes

They are putting in this four way stop before they start Zimmer construction.

4 Likes

I don’t think a tenants been found sorry bud! But I like you I’ll dm you.

1 Like

Really hoping to see the pics for this…

I think he was joking.

Makes sense. Still FAR from seeing construction happening.

1 Like

I haven’t been down there so i think it’s not starting yet.

Btw I’m going to Austin Tuesday I’ll have some photos and give some analysis of Raleigh could take from them.

2 Likes

There’s literally no plans for this building. It’s become kind of an inside joke here, but I think some people are outside of that joke. They got a rezoning approved with some generic rendering almost exactly 2 years ago. It’s not “waiting to start construction;” it’s not even something planned and approved at this point.

7 Likes

I seriously doubt it ever gets built. When they say that they want a major anchor tenant, it will never happen. Generally, companies around here will not commit to a building until it is under construction.

1 Like

I think the major anchor unicorn tenants they were hoping for went to Durham.

5 Likes