Zimmer - Peace at Capital (SE Corner) - 506 Capital Blvd

I think we’ll have many cranes two years from now!

14 Likes

Sounds like they are still waiting on a big fish tenant. I presume once they land one things will move quickly. That is a big if, but at least they are still optimistic to make it happen.

3 Likes

across from the Zimmer site, John Kane developed the sprawling Smokey Hollow complex of offices

:man_facepalming:t3:

6 Likes

I hope you are right!

1 Like

Look around and you can see all the hypothetical construction!

1 Like

So Any news on this project?

Birds still chirping…

2 Likes

When does Zimmer breaks ground

No pending plans for development that I’m aware of. I believe they’re still looking for an anchor tenant.

1 Like

The tenant market has been changed forever do to Covid.

Zimmer is from Wilmington and it’s massive project in that area did not get the zoning it requested. Maybe they can finally focus on this project instead.

5 Likes

Didn’t realize they’re the ‘sister company’ of Reed’s Jewelers…
20 plus stories on that spur of land across the river from ILM downtown would be an even bigger WTH than a 40 story tower inbound from Capital Bouly

4 Likes

that sounds like a dumb project. ugly towers built on marsh land on a highway and not walkable to anywhere.

6 Likes

But it’s boatable :smirk:

5 Likes

That spit of land is about 15’ above sea level. Seems like boatability might be more important in 25 years anyway…

1 Like

Naw man Elon musk is gonna ship all the extra water to Mars

I actually think that a development like this is not a bad idea, and is in fact bound to happen someday; it’s been proposed off and on for decades.

Concerned about flooding? Just build it on fill.

Being a quick water taxi ride away from downtown Wilmington actually gives better car-free access to walkable areas than most places across the river in Wilmington itself. The water taxi serves the dock by the Battleship every 30 minutes, and it’s just a few minutes’ ride over to Wilmington.

5 Likes

It’s a really similar situation to the Westin in Savannah

6 Likes

Keep clicking on this topic thinking it’s new updates on the Zimmerman development :weary::upside_down_face:

8 Likes

Nope, it’s just about Wilmington! :laughing::persevere:

I’ve been doing the same hahaha…

2 Likes