121 Fayetteville

16 posts were merged into an existing topic: Density / Urban Sprawl

Well then he must be a pro-development righties!!! That mean he against NIMBY that happen to be in his own party.

1 Like

I can’t believe you’ll are trying to divide even this group along party lines. Please stop.

17 Likes

Might as well just lock this thread up. I doubt we’ll have any motion on this now that Highwoods has effectively burried the 121 plans. I’m a dreamer, but I’ll have to shift my dreams elsewhere it seems.

14 Likes

I’m going to pull this topic (at least my response) over to the Cabarrus project thread. Perhaps that provides a tip as to where I’d like to see focus.

2 Likes

Moved the recent convo into the Density / Urban Sprawl thread. Let’s keep anything specific to the project here. Or maybe any fun tidbits about the existing parking deck? :grimacing:

4 Likes

Just some additional confirmation and details:

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/business/article251181404.html

4 Likes

WHY does Highwoods buy all these properties and then absolutely NOTHING with them??? WHY

6 Likes

It just frustrating, maybe Highwoods should be banned from Raleigh!!!

2 Likes

Are some of those renderings in the video at the beginning of the article actually happening in that form? Specifically Salisbury Square and Park City South? I thought those got significantly scaled back.

Meanwhile Highwoods is proposing 28 and 41 story towers in Nashville:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/05/06/highwoods-reveals-gulch-central.html?ana=TRUEANTHEMFB_NA&csrc=6398&utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+New+Content+(Feed)&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR03b0Lvpu45kmuohvQuC_te6R_pPOTzXxWvPgyRhwfGy9HAu8NBYHIxpzI

What else has to be announced for them to get comfortable to start building something here? I hope they start some of the projects :pray:t2:

3 Likes

NO SOUP FOR YOU!!! :rofl: :joy:

As in NO TALL BUILDING FOR DTR!!! :wink: :astonished:

Maybe “we” “Highwoods” buy all land in DTR and not put any building up! :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

2 Likes

How much does it cost to pay an architectural firm to do drawings/designs like this? What a waste of money

3 Likes

Yeah F**king ridiculous.

That was my thought!

Had to have been a couple million at least to even have that level of renderings and floor plan details

2 Likes

signed tenants…

3 Likes

Is there anything to read into this? Looks like the old website dedicated to the proposed 121 Fayetteville development takes you directly to the Kane Realty website. I was assuming this was just going to sit idle with Highwoods at the helm for a long, long time.

I would interpret this as Kane (and others formerly attached to that project) own the brand and the domain/brand wasn’t included in the property sale to Highwoods. The domain expires 4/4 of this year (was registered in 2019) so if I were to read into anything, it would be if they renew the domain past 4/4/22.

EDIT: They should renew it before 4/4, but if they don’t, it won’t show available for a month or more as the registrars usually have a fairly lenient grace period after “expiration”.

2 Likes

Got it, eyes on April 4th down range.

6 Likes

I’m actually good the former project didn’t go through. It was a huge and obnoxiously looking parking deck. Hopefully something mix-use replaces the project. Something like the RUSBUS resi tower would be fine --maybe a few floors of office like the PNC Plaza.

7 Likes