2021 Mansion Madness

Round 2 Game 2
Vote for the one you like the most for whatever reason or just vote for the one you hate the least

• 3020 FARRIOR RD
  • 1302 CRABAPPLE LN

0 voters

3020 Farrior Rd $1,488,000

1302 Crabapple Ln. $1,300,000

2 Likes

Round 2 Game 3 - Last game of NIT Round 2
Vote for the one you like the most for whatever reason or just vote for the one you hate the least

• 2412 KILGORE AVE
  • 3018 FARRIOR RD

0 voters

2412 Kilgore Ave $1,250,000

3018 Farrior Rd. $1,485,000

1 Like

@Vic and @Will you rock for getting those pictures. I am just down 5 out of the 25 largest ITB homes that still needs pictures. Those are.

3008 ETON RD
119 PASQUOTANK DR
329 TRANSYLVANIA AVE
1304 MARLOWE RD
925 RUNNYMEDE RD
1205 GLENDALE DR

If anyone can get pictures of these in the next 7 days or so that would be awesome. If not we start the main tournament with them.

Update, i found 3 of them from google street view, but they would look better without construction going on.
1304 Marlowe

329 Transylvania

119 Pasquotank

6 Likes

I have plans to get Runnymede and Glendale.

1 Like

I’ve got such a soft spot for baker roofing. They always donate to our golf charity, go above and beyond to support other local charities and their slogan on their trucks just gets me.

We shall do good work | At a profit if we can | At a loss if we must | But Always Good Work

I always dig a values based approach to business.

4 Likes

I’ll be honest I’m just voting against big street-facing garages. They should be baked in somewhere, but they are death to pretty architecture and general homey-ness.

10 Likes

I’m with you, I don’t like anything that looks like a 2-car garage with a house attached to the back of it.

4 Likes

Its beyond me why anyone would paint their house black/dark in the south. There is a brick one on Ridge Rd too. How to say you don’t know crap about the environment you live in without saying you don’t know crap.

1 Like

That is my go to inclination. When we first bought the realtor was stunned when I said I wouldn’t even look at a house with a forward garage. However, I really like the layout of the house on Kilgore. For an urban setting, I like the layout and also how it addresses the side and back yards.

2 Likes

From the voting I think a few people are making exceptions for Kilgore.

2 Likes

Not me. I can’t get past the “garage first” design.

3 Likes

Had to get on my bike for these two. Apologize in advance for Runnymede. Best I could do without going on their driveway. It is a very modern house.

1205 Glendale

925 Runnymede

You are the man. @OakCityDylan to creepy to get a drone pic? :rofl:

Kinda confused about this whole premise, voting on just a random collection of large unattractive houses? Or are these houses noteworthy for something?

3 Likes

It’s fun Mike, why do you hate fun?

4 Likes

no no no i get that and i agree. just wondering whats the significance of these handful of houses?

1 Like

I’ve seen that house on Ridge Road. It really stands out, and not in a good way.

1 Like

They are the largest new SFHs ITB. The data was relatively easy to find, so I am 100% willing to say it was a lazy thing to use for the forums version of March Madness.

I am very up for/welcome suggestions of things we could compare next year.

I do stand by the apartment madness from last year being kind of novel because a lot of articles were coming out saying that 5 over 1s were really bland and all looked the same. So, it was interesting to see how people judged them against each other and how some stood out.

Edit: townhomes could be interesting, but I would need to do last the 5 or 10 years because not many actual townhome developments happen each year. Probably the early contender for next year.

5 Likes

Starting the 3rd round of the NIT

Round 3 Game 1

• 1703 CENTER RD
  • 3020 FARRIOR RD

0 voters

1703 Center Rd. $1,048,000

3020 Farrior Rd $1,488,000

Round 3 Game 2 of the NIT

• 3018 FARRIOR RD
  • 2511 STAFFORD AVE

0 voters

3018 Farrior Rd. $1,485,000

2511 Stafford Ave

3 Likes