Apartment Madness

And let’s not forget the small group that will always hate it because of what it replaced. I don’t miss Sadlack’s personally but it was a much cooler vibe than what the Aloft brings.

3 Likes

Sadlack’s was a good time for sure, I had night classes in Tompkins Hall one year and would walk over to catch whatever local band was playing that night. They were always slack on checking IDs before 10pm so that helped while I was a freshman. Of all the Hillsborough St. construction projects, I still have a really hard time driving by Western Lanes and seeing that Target.

5 Likes

This is the same question that I pose for the Line apartments voters. I don’t know what the building looks like now but the mixture of the brick and gray doesn’t sit well with me. The Dillon does have retail as well.

I also take brick buildings with a little bit of caution. The brick looks good but some people like brick for the sake of it being brick. I still like Berkshire since it has the archways.

I guess we have a winner for the first inaguaral Apartment Madness!

The winner was THE LINE!

Second Place was The Berkshire

Third Place was the Edison

Start letting us know why you voted for The Line?

6 Likes

Starting the 3rd losers bracket round! There was a tie in the last round between the Metropolitan and 927 West Morgan. The Metropolitan got a higher vote percentage in the first round, so I gave it the tie breaker.

1 Like

Vote for your favorite apartment!

• The Manor at Six Forks
  • The Revisn

0 voters

This is the Manor at Six Forks

This is the Revisn

• The Lincoln
  • 927 West Morgan

0 voters

This is The Lincoln

This is 927 West Morgan

• 616 at The Village
  • Trilogy Cameron Village

0 voters

This is 616 at The Village

This is Trilogy Cameron Village

Well the Line is a choice, lol.

1 Like

Oooof, up side your head, Upside yer…
The Line ‘winning’…OK.
2nd / 3rd…well - Taste = intrigue.
Peeps Be Diff’rent

I chose The Line because I consider the totality of the building, how it solves a variety of problems, and how it creates public place that’s integral to its design. Unlike other typical 5over1 buildings, it creates public spaces, not private courtyards. Even its private pool deck engages The Hollow in a visible way. Its first floor is porous, inviting the public to experience it by foot, and Its mixed use ground floor is substantial. Additionally, and IMO, its use of materials is fresher than the other buildings.
IMO, the neo-Mission references in the architecture of The Berkshire feel out of place in Raleigh. It feels more Orange County, CA to me while its branded with a name that references mountains in Massachusetts.

8 Likes

Try this survey in a year. Let’s see if there’s any change.

2 Likes

Time for the Final Losers Round. The three worst apartments will be going head to head!

• The Lincoln

0 voters

This is The Lincoln

Vote for your favorite apartment.

• Revisn

0 voters

This is Revisn

• The Lincoln
  • Revisn

0 voters

This is the Lincoln

This is Revisn

Lincoln with the plentiful power lines for the win.
What a mess. We need underground utilties

2 Likes

I would vote for the windowless AT&T fortress/building downtown over the Lincoln in terms of looks. I loathe the Lincoln so so so very much. EXCEPTIONALLY ugly building. And with ZERO ground floor/street level activation, this building has no redeeming qualities.

3 Likes

I’m living at The Line now and enjoying it a great deal. There are parts that are louder but I can barely hear any noise at night from the Glenwood scene except the occasional person driving by revving their engine. Can’t wait for the shops to start opening because the only annoyance has been the large number of skateboarders who use the parking garage and the unopened hollow area constantly and it echos a ton, including when trying to relax by the pool.

8 Likes

We have a Loser! The least liked apartment was Revisn!

1. This is the least liked apartment ITB, the Revisn.

2. This is the second least liked apartment, The Lincoln.

3. This is the third least liked apartment, The Trilogy Cameron Village.

7 Likes

Isn’t the Revisn a hotel :face_with_raised_eyebrow:. It’s ugly though lol

2 Likes