Bloc 83 - One Glenwood and Origin Hotel

I kind of like the floating upper glass section. Breaks up any possible monotony. I understand the brick too…meant to achieve a warmer side walk experience. Not horrible in my opinion either.

3 Likes

Ahh hah, I see, those are some big pots, takes up some space. Looks good though.

Yeah, I like the west side a million times better…as if you like like something that’s a multiplier of something that you hate. In any case, I’m just glad that all of those materials are superficial. At some point in the future, those beige & brown brick sections can be changed. That orange fascia above the first floor should also be easy enough to change somewhere down the road.
With this design, all I can figure is that the architect was referencing what was done with Citrix and The Dillon with a new building rising from the carcass of an old one. If this is the case, and if the architect of this building thought that they could mimic the old building/new building dynamic of The Dillon and Citrix, they failed miserably.

1 Like

I think yall are getting your east and west elevations mixed up?

I hate the elevation of the building that faces the capitol building. Does that make it clearer? While I am not in love with the opposite side, it is much better.

He just has his opinions mixed up. The Capitol-facing side looks much better, and the back is more bland because it will mostly be hidden from view by the second phase building of similar height.

:smiley:

3 Likes

It looks great at night, though :grin:

1 Like

Looking at the webcam today, it’s looking like there will be no windows for the lower levels facing the tracks.

https://app.oxblue.com/open/heritage/oneglenwood

1 Like

The parking deck is unofficially open. View of downtown and One Glenwood from the top. Also, the hotel rooms are gonna be tiny!

14 Likes

I have absolutely zero issue with tiny hotel rooms. I’ve stayed in them around the world with no problems. Why does a hotel room need to be large?

4 Likes

The rooms at their Red Rocks hotel range from 400sf to 575sf, a little bit bigger than an Aloft room.

575sf is a decent sized urban apartment.

5 Likes

Yeah 575sf is a pretty big hotel room. My apartment downtown was 550sf.

3 Likes

I was offering an objective observation, not my personal opinion. Though I do prefer suites and large rooms. Maybe my bias came through.

Also a 500 sf hotel room is nice, but this isn’t Red Rocks. Might be a different setup here.

1 Like

I think that this brand is looking toward a more youthful audience, and youthful usually means more affordable while still stylish. I imagine it might be the Target model of making something affordable but cool.

1 Like

Fair point. I consider myself youthful, but I still like an escape from my day to day. Completely the opposite end of that tho, and a hotel to accommodate that makes sense to me.

When you’re used to staying in a hostel dorm room, a tiny hotel room feels like a palace. :joy:

5 Likes

Everything in Europe I’ve stayed in that was built before say 1950, was 150 sqft at best. Suitcases stand in the corner and if you need something from it, you flop it open on the bed.

3 Likes

Took these today. Hotel rooms have been going up fast.

11 Likes

@JKK
Good street level pictures! Thank you!

1 Like