Bloc 83 - One Glenwood, Two Hillsborough, and Phase 3

They need to put a Hawkers in here somewhere to add to the Blade Runner vibe. (like the one in Charlotte with all of the neon)

hawkers-interiors

3 Likes

According to Snoopys FB page, they’ve officially closed and they’re finally selling the land for redevelopment. That’s a bummer but it was only a matter of time.

1 Like

This was reported over in the General Restaurant News thread earlier today (for reference of the conversion that followed).

2 Likes

I wonder if this will be Bloc 83 phase 4 we have all been wondering about…

I’m still hopeful Bloc 83 phase 4 happens off Hargett (612) to fill in the area adjacent to the Origin deck…

5 Likes

At this point, that may be Phase 5 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Soon.

29 Likes

Have they put the Block 83 lights on the parking deck like they are in the rendering?

2 Likes

Since this project is wrapping up without much new stuff to post, I wanted to add a Throwback Thursday pic. Crazy to see how much this view has changed in just a couple of years!

26 Likes

I miss D&D.
:cry: :sob:

2 Likes

Have you been to their new space, or is it still closed for the pandemic? Looks like a great spot to traffic watch! haha
They were loading the courtyard up with plants when I went by Monday- no pic. The ground floor spaces are still gravel. Guess they will wait to sew how a tenent wants to lay out utilities before they pour the floors.

The new Dram and Draught? Yeah every week or two, used to just sit outside freezing, but tried the newly reopened inside seating last Saturday. Got into a mini-altercation with a trio of smug people waltzing through with no masks, but got some applause from the staff there (who are awesome). In future I will keep my thoughts to myself though.

12 Likes

South Side of Bloc 83.

25 Likes

Is it just me, or does it look odd that one set of stoplights is on a metal arm and the others are hanging on a cable at the same intersection. SMDH

5 Likes

Yes. That’s very weird and annoying as a traffic engineer. I’m guessing one had to move / got hit and they didn’t want to replace all. Really all downtown signals should be one standardized mast arm, preferably the black curved design

9 Likes

Is it likely related to which lines are buried, and which are not?
I know that there’s been chatter about burying the power lines along Boylan, but I am not sure if/when that’s going to happen.

2 Likes

I don’t think it would be. Really is honestly probably just being cheap lol

1 Like

The corner with the cable lights is the next phase of the project, so I bet they aren’t going to put a new light up before that’s close to being finished.

10 Likes

Oh, that makes sense!

The roads are owned by different people. One is owned by the city or state and the other is privately owned.