Bloc 83 - One Glenwood, Two Hillsborough, and Phase 3

Usually when that’s the case at the same intersection the state will assume responsibility for the entire intersection

1 Like

Yeah they just replaced the hanging lights with the arm in the last few months as the current phase of the project was wrapping up. I’d assume the same will happen with the next phase, which will make everything consistent looking.

Meanwhile, I’m just waiting here for some renderings!

8 Likes

Waiting for my burger :hamburger:.

21 Likes

Are there any tenants listed for the next phase of openings?

Nothing like a rusty sewer cap to ruin a beautiful path.

Looking nice tonight

36 Likes

Fence and barriers have been removed. Looks like they’re finishing up the last touches to the pedestrian area between the buildings.

12 Likes

Contractors finished reinstalling the nine Phillips 55” TVs set up to have one huge screen (165”?). The developer did not accept the first install. It is a black background at the back of the stage in the events area. Very cool space, fully planted. Permanent seating and bar area. Smoky Hollow will be larger, but not cooler. Tenants? I don’t know. Just ask someone to water the plants.

10 Likes

32 Likes

Can’t wait to see all the retail space activated!

5 Likes

Wanna open a late night hot dog place? I think you can warm up a few meat cylinders in that one small retail unit facing Hillsborough Street.

1 Like

How long do we give those white pavers before they stop looking white?

1 Like

About threve minutes.

5 Likes

na I will give them 5 min or 4 walkers, whichever comes first.

2 Likes

They’re already pollen green

4 Likes

I have heard the Origin Hotel has been pretty fully booked recently. That’s positive news!

11 Likes

It’s a nice place to stay and they really went above and beyond to focus on blending in with local (design, bikes for borrow, beer selection, etc). I’m thrilled to hear they’re recovering beyond that being a positive indicator for our local business.

6 Likes

They also have a small selection of items from Deco, too.

2 Likes

I really hope they actually put some type of protective coating on the Pavement so it doesn’t get ruined. It’s a big highlight for me as far as creativity. I like how it’s not just one color. They did a really good job in the courtyard area! It almost looks like a permanent snow effect

5 Likes

Agreed - exactly what I think when I see it, snow!
How long till the skateboarders discover it? It does have a nice, twisting, slope from Hillsb to Morgan.

2 Likes