Bloc 83 - One Glenwood, Two Hillsborough, and Phase 3

“Combination of three and five… simply stunning.”

2 Likes

I am puzzled (and irate, I tell you, irate!) that the same developers that knocked it out of the park by screening their parking deck with Origin Hotel along Morgan, declined to do the same with their second parking deck, along Hillsborough.

8 Likes

Blame the previous ill-prepared city councils that did not write up parking deck standards. The current city council will look into it but most projects approve are grandfathered.

Easy - pressure wash 2x a year and should look great

1 Like

I know people have already shared pictures of this space, but the attention to detail and small features here are really nice.

Also the retail space on the corner facing Hillsborough will have these gigantic roll up bay doors.

23 Likes

Weird there’s no retail announcements yet? The tiny retail location could be a small patch cafe shop or maybe cafe and ice cream shop? @Deekay93

Ice cream and espresso is a winning combination AKA Affogato.

6 Likes

Chicago-based Envestnet will take over 81,000 square feet of Two Glenwood office space. I’ve never heard of them.

12 Likes

Yes, I think that was announced about a year ago. I hope we get some more leasing announcements soon bc I think there won’t be too many more office cranes until more of the office space here, in Smoky Hollow, and at Raleigh Crossing gets leased.

2 Likes

I actually inquired on that spot. They visioned exactly that, either a little espresso or ice cream shop. Someone was previously interested in it before me, but they backed out. Hopefully they find some takers soon.

6 Likes

There’s a good chance in the next year (maybe slightly more?) we’re going to see the following cranes:
Seaboard (base already set)
RUSBUS
121 Fayetteville
Cabarrus Kane
Apartments at Park City South
I think we’re getting close with the Municipal building?

Perhaps a couple of these need more prep before we get an actual crane, but they should at least get kicked off.

11 Likes

I think we’ll see a boom of “post covid rut” development announcements later this year as well. The money and desire is there!

9 Likes

I think we will see the resi stuff and the public projects. I’m just doubtful we see more office buildings until we get more leasing activity (or obviously if something is more of a build to suit).

1 Like

about all I can say- react to Park City South :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Boylan St. closed between Morgan and Hillsborough today for “crane setup.”

7 Likes

What would this be for?

I don’t know. Only one way to find out! :camera_flash:

3 Likes

Maybe it’s for signage on the new building?

1 Like

Must be. I’m betting it’s the financial company from CHI that’s taking a healthy chunk of the space. (I think it’s Envest?)

6 Likes

Noticed last night some of the LED lights were were already glitching

Feature it is.
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like