Bloc 83 - One Glenwood, Two Hillsborough, and Phase 3

Leased and occupied are not the same. Could be lot of leases are recent and leaser has not moved in yet.

5 Likes

Case in point: Smoky Hollow. Lot of leases there, but still empty shells for the most part.

1 Like

Agreed, that’s exactly what I’m thinking. If you look at the building, it doesn’t look like almost 80% of it is occupied.

2 Likes

You can easily tack on a year from the time a lease is signed to the time that a space is occupied.

I swear it took forever for us to build out our floor at Wade Park. Not that it really matters at this point since 95% of us are back WFH for the forseeable future.

2 Likes

We have a major development with this corner gas station project!

:drum:

The fence has moved!!!

17 Likes

400H might finish before this renovation is completed

2 Likes

Wow, it looks totally different after that renovation! Can’t wait to eat here. Can we do the next meetup here, since the Vault isn’t quite ready? Maybe the owner should take a page from this project’s book about quick and successful renovations?

1 Like

I would bet he is scrapping those restaurant plans and entertaining offers for his prime piece of real estate.

3 Likes

Or he may have run into underground water/soil contamination. Banks require a clean site, deep pocketed developers can bypass the bank requirements. Don’t ask, don’t tell.

3 Likes

I’m also fine with that. I never get mad if someone wants to turn an abandoned gas station or parking lot into anything, but something a little grander would be most welcome in this location.

2 Likes

Just drove by Bloc83 and saw a couple people in construction vests with about 5-6 other people with them walking around the now empty Moonlight Pizza building (was also Calavera). They were pointing at the building and had a notebook, made me wonder if we’re going to see movement on the 18 story building soon :face_with_raised_eyebrow:.

17 Likes

Maybe they’re just sketching how crappy it looks now…

1 Like

The coffee shop is coming along!

This almost looks like a rendering… probably since I took it at twilight after it had rained! LOL

29 Likes

Apparently the architecture firm’s employees are coming back to the office. Now if only this development could get the rest of the ground floor filled up…

16 Likes

Looks like The Orgin Hotel has been renamed to Hotel 83. They’re putting up new signage today.

12 Likes

Also 321 Coffee in Bloc 83 is coming along nicely. It looks like the yoga studio has also started construction.

8 Likes

I’m going to go out on a limb and predict we’ll have “83 Coffee” soon.
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
83 Coffee :point_up:t3:

12 Likes

:bird: brought to my attention:

No longer listed on: Boutique Hotel Collection | Our Hotels | Origin Hotel
Now listed at: Origin Raleigh, a Wyndham Hotel | Raleigh, NC Hotels

Seems there is some sort of relationship with the Origin Hotel brand and Wyndham, though doesn’t look like it’s anything more than a partnership for rewards?

6 Likes

Article regarding the rebranding to Hotel 83:

7 Likes