Bloc 83 - One Glenwood, Two Hillsborough, and Phase 3

This is random. But anyone know why the Two Hillsborough building never changes the color of their LED lights or has a contact that can suggest changing them up once in a while?

They once had it their lights set to blue which looked incredible. But has since changed it to yellow and it hasn’t changed from yellow in over 1+ years now. I look at this building everyday from my apartment, would be nice if they joined in with the other buildings on changing it up for holidays. Even One Glenwood switches up the LEDs fairly often.

2 Likes

Heritage Properties manages the building, so they’d probably be the ones to contact if you want to suggest a lighting change.

2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Historic Preservation in Raleigh. What to keep?

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Historic Preservation in Raleigh. What to keep?

Word on the street is that The Casso is installing a new, permanent sign on Wednesday, and Morgan St will be closed in front of the hotel to allow for equipment setup. Use caution if you’re walking or driving in the area.

17 Likes

Don’t think I’ve seen these renderings of Tower 3 but also don’t know if they’re outdated. Found them here

42 Likes

Whoa. Nice find, I don’t recall seeing these

2 Likes

Now let’s get building! I haven’t seen those either. They must be outdated though. They have an Origin sign instead of a Casso sign, and that’s so last month! Lol

3 Likes

These are brand new! I’ve for sure never seen these renderings before.

Few stats:

development consisting of an 18 story office tower, ground level retail, a parking garage, and an urban courtyard. The project has expansion views of the Raleigh skyline and a pleathera of walkable amenities nearby.

292,000 RSF Office, 6,500 SF Retail, 740 Parking Space Garages, Urban Courtyard & Amenities

2 Likes

How are the other two Bloc 83 office towers doing? Can’t imagine this gets started anytime soon unless the other two are almost full.

2 Likes

The other two buildings were sold off last year for a record $330 million to a Canadian holdings company. It’s not really anymore of their concern now since the those properties have been offload.

14 Likes

Beautiful render! Will make a lovely addition and Western extension to the skyline… but YEEESH I can’t ignore this:

At least, AFAIK, that will be the spot immediately next to the Bloomsbury apartment project that will also be ~20 stories, so it should be completely covered (??)

4 Likes

I was waiting to see if you noticed that! Lol
But yeah, I think that would basically be adjacent to the other project’s parking deck.

3 Likes

Even better that Bloomsbury Apts is officially rezoned to 20 stories now! The parking deck will probably butt right up to that giant blank wall of this Bloc 83 tower, and then the actual apartment building will tower over the Bloc 83 parking deck now. Win/win!

2 Likes

Bloc 83 tower is right up to the property line, Bloomsbury apt is 3’ set back. The apartment building is including a blank wall facing this blank wall too.

Site Plan Combined:

Boylan St Elevation combined:

29 Likes

Hell yeah - I always appreciate your quick ability to combine renders/massing and elevation images together to show how all these new developments will interact with one another! This looks great, love the height variation!!! And especially appreciate that the Bloomsbury building will have apartments wrap the front/street facing side of the deck so that, at least from this angle you’ve shown, it will appear to be one tall tower with hidden deck.

10 Likes

Even still, just looking at your site plan combination, and understanding that there’s even some parking deck included in the actual Bloc 83 18-story tower… HOLY SHIT THAT’S A LOT OF PARKING DECK :face_with_spiral_eyes: Literally 4 separate parking decks all conglomerated next to each other in one big square… plus the 9-story Bloc 83 deck across Boylan from these buildings. GOOD GOD!

7 Likes

Yea, that’s the deck that made Bloomsbury project go taller. Basically blocked their entire skyline-facing amenity deck and an entire elevation of windows. There’s a shit ton of parking at Bloc 83. How in the world they couldn’t have coordinated to share it between the buildings?

7 Likes

EXACTLY. Like… I thought the damn hotel deck and the 9-STORY STANDALONE DECK across the street were the planned parking for all these buildings LMAO

4 Likes